Merging Incremental Updates failure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Merging Incremental Updates failure

Having just upgraded to v6 Developer I have one live site working ok and two test sites failing at the Merging Incremental Updates stage of the upload.

My main site is also failing at this stage but I reckon if I can fix it for the test sites I can fix that one too.

I have checked that the permissions for acatalog and cgi-bin are 777 and 755 respectively as recommended hereabouts. I am using a virtual Linux server hosted by dsvr if that's of any help.

The site that is working is an upgrade (or downgrade?) from v6.14 Actinic 25 freebie version to 6.02 Developer. The test sites are clean creations of Developer 6.02. The main site I'm trying not to think aboput at the moment is an upgrade from version 4.

TIA
    Michael

Michael,

Does this also occur when you refresh (Web | Refresh) the site instead of updating it? If so, is there an error message or does the program stop responding? Is your internet connection via a firewall? If so, which one?

Ben
    Ben Popplestone
    Ecommerce website software

Comment

It happens with both upload and web/refresh. Firewall is Zonealamr but I'm disabling it for the upload (see question posted elsewheer).

Failure message is:

"A server error occurred while attempting to merge server files. 500 - Internal Server Error"

I can't see any difference in server configuration between the site that is working and two test sites that are not.

Regards
      Michael

Comment

What do you get when you test the network settings?

I think this error is sometimes caused by an incorrect path to perl, or it may be that the scripts are uploaded using the wrong mode, as described here.
        Ben Popplestone
        Ecommerce website software

Comment

Ben
          I don't think either of those is the answer as one site is working. DSVR has just pointed out that 'm getting this error message in the server log:

"syntax error at nq000999.pl line 46, near "NETQUOTEVAR:"
          BEGIN not safe after errors--compilation aborted at nq000999.pl line 281.
          [Mon May 3 12:10:25 2004] [error] [client 217.137.210.37] Premature end of script headers: /www/vhtdocs/feralmale.com/cgi-bin/nq000999.pl"

Does this mean anything to you?

Regards
          Michael

Comment

Could you contact your web hosting company and ensure they allow 'ASCII' uploads. If they don't (i.e. they only support 'BINARY') then the scripts will be corrupt and will generate this error message.

This knowledge base article may help.

Comment

Chris. Tried that and here is their reply.

"ASCII mode uploads are allowed on the server. I can't think of any good reason why they shouldn't be in a hosting environment.

The reason you can't find vsftpd.conf is because we don't use that FTP server program. You should be looking for proftpd.conf. However, this isn't the issue here as the server allows ASCI mode uploads. "

Regards
              Michael

Comment

["syntax error at nq000999.pl line 46, near "NETQUOTEVAR:"
                BEGIN not safe after errors--compilation aborted at nq000999.pl line 281.
                [Mon May 3 12:10:25 2004] [error] [client 217.137.210.37] Premature end of script headers: /www/vhtdocs/feralmale.com/cgi-bin/nq000999.pl"
                Get them to check if susexec is assigned to your username that you upload under and files and check the permissions on the acatalog and cgi-bin folders, i.e. never go as far as 0777 but try increasing it incrementally to probably the max of 0755 for those folders to see if that solves it.

Comment

Working...
                X