Two shop sites on same web site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two shop sites on same web site

I am half way through the evaluation period for Catalog. I run the server for our car club and Catalog will be replacing our current ecommerce software.

We have two areas of sales and each is run by a separate person on their own separate computers. One is membership and the other is all the usual items a car club sells.

Can I set up two shops on the same web site so that each person only downloads the orders in their own area of responsibility. If so I presume our SSL certificate will allow this.

The Help file states:

You can run one or more sites generated by Actinic Ecommerce alongside your existing web site.
    but I cannot find any instructions on setting this up.
    Supporting the environment. This post uses 100% recycled electrons.
    Bob Isaac
    Director/Web Admin
    Volvo Owners Club Ltd

Actinic MS Business Version 8.5.2

You can't download orders onto 2 different PCs. To do this you would need 2 copies of catalog.

Or you could have one person download orders and then email the orders relevant to the other person within catalog.

Comment

What the statement is saying, is that it is possible to run more than one site within a single domain name, which infact is down to being able to select the script ID number for each individual site deployment, but to be able to do this, you will need more than 1 licence key as the terms of the licence only allows (catalog or business) for one individual site to be operated per licence.

If you go into File | Sites you will see you have an option to licence more sites, which requires a new unique authorisation key to achieve.

If you intend on using Actinic for both parts of your ecommerce sites, and atleast 1 of them needs the features of say Business, then you would be better off using Developer as this will work out cheaper if you needed those features in one or more sites.

Sorry if this is not what you was expecting, but the software is licenced on a per site basis unless you use Developer for your own operated sites.

BUT: Big problem still is that even with Developer you can only install it onto 1 machine, i.e. not 2 machines running independantly, so this is probably no good for you in that case, and separate licences of either catalog or business will be required for each machine running its own site, but hopefully the above info will give you something further to think about and maybe discuss within your club.

Comment

Working...
      X