Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do we access actinic from multiple pc's on network?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do we access actinic from multiple pc's on network?

I'm using v5 of Actinic and would like to access Actinic from another pc on our network. Is this possible?

We currently have actinic installed on one machine and use to this update the catalog and process orders. We would like to access the same install from one other pc that will be used primarily for shipping of items.

Thanks in advance for you help,
    Debbie

Hi Debbie

I'm afraid at the moment that is not possible.
    The problem is that Actinic installs itself in the "HKEY_CURRENT_USER" branch within the registry, rathar than "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE"

Actinic will only work on the user who has installed it.
    Nadeem Rasool
    SellerDeck Development

Comment

If you wanted to upload on one machine, and then download onto another, then you can.

Simply license a new copy of Actinic on a second machine (you can use the same key as the one you are using currently). Then export a snapshot from your current machine and import it into the new machine. Finally, on the new machine you can disable 'Catalog Maintenance' in 'Business Settings | Ordering' and then disable 'Order Processing' on the existing machine in the same place.

Comment

I'm trying to do this - to setup actinic on a separate machine and use that machine for orders only.

I installed it, put the key in, but now it wont open to let me import a snapshot.

It says 'cant find the original directory'.

Any suggestions?

Comment

Here's how I'd do this.

Make sure you've installed the same version of Actinic on your new system and then copy the entire Site1 folder from your existing installation overwriting the demo site on your new system.

Next go to your old system and look in Housekeeping / Security. Copy everything there into a text file. Now open that text file on your new system and paste the appropriate fields in to Housekeeping / Security there.

You now have identical copies on both machines.

Finally open the View / Business Settings on each machine and set the Catalog maintenance and Order processing options as appropriate for each system.

Norman
          Norman - www.drillpine.biz
          Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Thanks. That works, with the help on a reinstall.

Cheers

Adrian

Comment

Bye the way. That text file with your Housekeeping / Security should be kept in a safe place (like a floppy). If your Catalog system dies and you have to rebuild it then you need that info in order to be able to access orders on your live site.

That bit of info, your Installation CD + any update patches and the Site1 folder (assuming you keep your product images in there too) are all you need for disaster recovery.

Norman
              Norman - www.drillpine.biz
              Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
              X