Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Error: ../acatalog/81Z134Z173Z159A1051265144B32209.session can not be locked during S

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error: ../acatalog/81Z134Z173Z159A1051265144B32209.session can not be locked during S

Hi,
    I have had the error below for months now and have had others email me from this link with the same problem.

Sometimes things are fine but then customers get.
    Error: ../acatalog/81Z134Z173Z159A1051265144B32209.session can not be locked during Session init! when trying to checkout.

when trying to checkout. I have been moved to a new server, and in dispair spent a week making a new web site on a different pc to try and solve this as the whole idea of being online goes out of the window when customewrs call us and make orders because they can not order online.

Has anybody got any idea as it realy getting me down.

website http://www.xcase.co.uk

Ive managed to get all the way to selecting payment sent separately without a hitch, Therefore I can only assume it is a PC issue, firewall perhaps.

On another issue the site needs some serious design applied to it. It looks half finished to me.

Red/Blue Purple and Yellow are not the ideal colour scheme

Comment

Thanks Joe,
      I am aware the site needs a bit of work and a theme related to what we do so quote me happy if you like.

you can get me on sales@xcase.co.uk

Ian

Comment

Hi Ian

I wasn't fishing for work!!

Jo

Comment

I had this problem for a couple of months and didn’t know how to solve it.

I read on this forum about changing the script name from 1 to 2. I did this right through to 9 but still kept getting the same problems.

I then read elsewhere that this problem is something to do with your hosting company and how long they have set your sessions to last. I think this is the amount of time they allow your scripts to work so if your customer is viewing your site for longer than your sessions allow then it won’t allow your order to go through.

I sent an e-mail to my hosting company asking them to increase the sessions to 1 hour, this they did and I haven’t had a problem since.

I hope this helps.
          Regards

Jason

Titan Jewellery (Swift Design)
          Zirconium Rings
          Damascus Steel Rings

Comment

Working...
          X