UPS Worldship problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UPS Worldship problem

This seems to be a ups worldship problem but was wondering if anyone else has encountered it because so far UPS tech support has been unable to help. WE use worldship currently importing addresses with no problem. Set up everything according to the Actinic instructions. Except we are doing Address for now instead of Ship To. When we download the worldshp.csv file into UPS we get the same indications as our other file. However, when we go to the address list there is no new address from actinic. Even though it says "1 record translated to record container" - which is the same message we receive using another import file and it works. HAs anyone else had the same problem in not finding the record in address list?

Field values between ups and actinic

Figured out the problem but wondering still if anyone else has encountered this. Ups uses the Company or name field as the field to populate "name" value while actinic uses "attention" Maybe this problem does not occur when creating a shipping csv file as you have the unique id for the order number linked to UPS but for simply populating the address book you do not have that option. We had to link Actinic "Shipto_Attention" to UPS "Company or Name" and Actinic "Shipto_Company" to UPS "Attention". The only lingering annoyance being that if a company name is not entered you have "Not Available" under the "Attn:" line in UPS. Has anyone had anything similar when creating the shipping csv?

Comment

UPSWORLDSHIP

Sara,

I can say I have seen this issue many times. The issue is born in the flexibility of the checkout form. You can modify the checkout form titles and rearange the order i the form in "design | text" of the Actinic software. This allows you to change the webform to match your needs. The down fall of this flexibility is that not every database match will work perfectly. In teh case of world ship they use different feilds from lets say, Authorize.net and even Quickbooks. So often you will need to tweak the feild names or arrange them differently to work with export solutions.

The worldship export works well and I think the only major flaw in the implementation of worldship by Actinic development has been the failure to "enable" worldship export unless the cart is calculating shipping rates using UPS online tools. Its an unneccessary flaw which we requested a fix for in version 7.

Hope you implementation goes well if you need more data on worldship integration please send me an email and I will send you our document for implementation.

enjoy,

Brian brian@actinic.us
      Brian Johnson
      :::Sure Solutions Inc:::Professional Actinic templates from Buythisdesign.com:::
      1-732-528-7635 x203

Comment

Working...
      X