Will Actinic work for me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will Actinic work for me?

Hey everybody. I just stumbled upon Actinic today and I'm pretty excited. I'm in the process of designing a website that will serve as a portal for audio learning products (e.g., audiobooks, courses on CD/tape, etc.). I was planning to have someone do a custom design on the back-end technology but after reading through the information here about Actinic I wonder if this might be a better solution. Here are a few "non-standard" things that I'm uncertain about when it comes to using Actinic. If anyone here could address any or all of these I would be greatly appreciative.

1. My site initially won't be a standard e-commerce site. Rather it will be a "super-affiliate" just linking off to a number of different third-party websites and collecting commissions off of the sales. I wouldn't think this would prevent me from using Actinic but wanted to check. And I do want to enable eCommerce functionality in the future anyway...

2. In addition to having an affiliate store, I also plan to have message boards (for example, vBulletin or the forum software used here) for people to discuss products and e-mail newsletters that people can subscribe to. Ideally, I would like to integrate the accounts so that a user logging on to the site for the purposes of reviewing a product would not need to log on again to post to the message board. Would this functionailty be available (or could it be custom-coded for a reasonable price)?

3. Due to my relative lack of technical ability, I would likely be hiring someone to install and configure Actinic (if I go that route). What would be the best way for me to locate someone with experience in this area? I'm sure that there are many people here with incredible talent that might be willing to do this. Is there a protocol for soliticing individuals to work on Actinic-related projects?

4. I'm also looking at as a possible solution. Other than the fact that Actinic costs money while is free, can anyone offer and pros or cons for choosing one versus the other?

Obviously a couple of things that you have inmind for your site now and in the future, so will touch on a couple for you..

Install and configuring: Might I suggest that you download the trial copy (which is fully functional - just 30 day time limited) and see just how easy it is to install and then to subsequently configure. V7 has a quick start guide that will get you off to a flying start.

Info then Sales: You can use the site as a link site, whilst not taking orders yourself, so in effect an online catalogue if you like, that with some latteral thinking (not too much) can be linked to your referral (cash generating) links. Them with a click of a button, you could enable online sales through your site. It really will be that simple, have a play with the software and see how you feel with it.

All the best.

Comment

Working...
    X