Upload Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upload Error

Hi, I haven't updated our site since March 2003 and not changed any of the settings since. However when I try to upload, refresh or test I get Path to Perl incorrect or Internal Server Error 500 messages.

I have read a number of threads like removing most of the .fl files etc... but it doesn't help. Currently using V5.13.

http://shopping.numero.co.uk/advance...k_setup_v5.gif

Any help will be much appreciated.

check with your host if they have changed the path to perl, or made any changes to your webspace

Comment

They say no changes have been made at all.

So on separate calls, (always do best of three) they mention
      /usr/bin/perl
      as the Path to Perl.

So it doesn't make sense at all.

Comment

My guess is that it is a permissions issue - they may have been reset since you last uploaded.

It sounds like you have a Unix/Linux server. You need to do something called 'CHMOD' to your 'acatalog' folder and your 'cgi-bin' folder. This is a way of setting the permissions.

Check your FTP software you use to upload to the web. You need to use CHMOD to change the permissions of the cgi-bin to '755' and the permissions of the 'acatalog' folder (initially) to '777'.

You can always ask your webhost to do this for you.

If your store starts working then, try changing the 'acatalog' folder to '755' as well as this will give you a touch more security.

Comment

The permissions are OK at 755 and 777.

This is very weird as the sofware hasn't been used for 15 months and nothing has changed according to VI on their servers.

It does sounds like a software issue or possibly a corrupt file.

Any ideas?

Comment

I suggest you register an email support query at http://www.actinic.co.uk/support/register.htm and the team there can test your server for you.

Make sure you put the address of this thread in the support request.

Comment

Thanfully the upload is now OK thanks to Actinic support explaing the problem so that VI could understand it (only took a week).

But unfortunately now it will not allow you to confirm and order and if you try to checkout you get

A General Script Error Occurred

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Error: Error deleting ../htdocs/acatalog/usera053ZdslZpipexZcomA1087556753B29569.cart (No such file or directory).
              --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Press the Browser back button and try again or contact the site owner

Any ideas?

Comment

I think this is the firewall prob. Try upgrading to 5.1.6

or wait until Chris D confirms this!

Comment

You may be right as I found this on the knowledge base.

Issue: A General Script Error Ocurred
                  Error: Error opening ./acatalog/62Z252Z105Z166A1020692409B3652.cart (No such file or directory)
                  ------------------------------
                  Press the Browser back button and try again or contact your ISP.
                  Solution: You will need to upgrade to version 5.1.4 or higher to correct this.

Ref: UKST-5AD4DH
                  Link to this article

The difference is one says deleting and the other opening.

Aha, but this one mentions deleting...

Issue: When some of my customers try and add to cart, they get the following error message:

A General Script Error Occurred
                  Error: Error deleting
                  ../www/acatalog/inktomi3-camZserverZntlZcomA1036094792B21087C0.cart (No such file or directory).
                  Press the Browser back button and try again or contact your ISP.
                  Solution: This is because they have 'Norton Internet Security' installed on their PC. This strips harmless information out of the Actinic URLs and causes the store to stop functioning on their PC.

There is a fix available in the latest version of Actinic Ecommerce which will get this working again. The latest version is available to download from www.actinicdownloads.com.

Ref: CD72
                  Link to this article

Can you just download 5.16 or do you need to download 5.14, 5.15 and then 5.16?

Comment

Can you just download 5.16 or do you need to download 5.14, 5.15 and then 5.16?
                    If you are on a 5.0.x version of Actinic, then you need to install the full version of 5.1.6 (and don't need 5.1.4 or 5.1.5).

If you are on 5.1.x then you can install a patch straight to 5.1.6.

Comment

Working...
                    X