Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Configuring Web Site Details

Hi
    The site uploaded OK and the mail is working using Norman's patched Actinic.pm. However..on testing when I press the checkout button, I get a 500 error.
    The site is www.happyhobbit.co.uk
    Any ideas?
    Howard

Howard

I have put this posting onto a new thread as it is an unrelated issue.

The problem comes in the transition between http and https (which I didn't think you were using). You need to run the 'Configure Web Site Details' Wizard to verify that you have the setings for your SSL server entered correctly.

Comment

I'm up a mountain in the Alps and don't have all my usual kit here. Is 500 and Internal server error?

If so it's possible that you've made a mistake patching. You can try restoring Actinic.pm from your original and updating.

However my patch was only for the SendRichMail routine within Actinic.pm and if the mail is working then it's unlikely that the error is in the patch.

Just looked at the site and the problem isn't in Actinic.pm. It is used by the cart scripts and these work OK.

It is in going to SSL in the checkout. I presume you're trying to use OneandOne's secure pages feature and have set an alias for the top level of your site and have made that the secure link for checkout. I had a quick look at this last week and couldn't get it to work either. However I'm a novice at SSL so I don't know if the configuration that OneandOne supplies will ever work with Actinic. Lets's hope that a Server expert is listening.

Norman
      Norman - www.drillpine.biz
      Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Hi
        this was all resolved as soon as I applied the fix posted on the reply to A General Script Error Occurred - This also for some reason fixed the problem with the mail!

Comment

oneandone & ssl

I'm having problems with ssl at oneandone.

Having already had mail probs with the proffessional package i have configured what they call a subdomain as my ssl bit.

I've put all this info into the network config and it falls over with a general script error as soon as I check out.

Anyone had any success who's been in a similar position?

Comment

Hi Peter
            not sure I can help but - although I had a secure sub domain, I didn't need it as I use Secure Hosting for credit cards.
            I dropped the SSL bit.
            Downloaded the fix referred to above and applied it and then refreshed the site.
            All at once the checkout was working and the e mail was also working without Norman's patch!

Comment

Hi again Pete
              Got your test order - did it work OK?
              Howard

Comment

Working...
              X