Versions of Perl on RaQ 550

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Versions of Perl on RaQ 550

Has anyone else had any problems with their host and which version of Perl they are using?

My host runs Sun Cobalt RaQ 550's and they report as running Perl 5.005

The V6 Adv User Guides states that it requires Perl V5.006

As my site refuses to run any command requiring a ca0000xxx.pl file I am assuming that this is where the problem lies (all other settings are confirmed as OK)

Does anyone else actually host Actinic sites themselves on a RaQ 550? If so some help would be greatly appreciated!

Jos
    Thanks

Jos Medinger

Tel : 01978 843 962
    www.internetology.co.uk
    Actinic / E-Commerce Hosting, Design & SEO

we have used actinic successfully on RAQ3's and RAQ4's and they use Perl 5.005

> This is perl, version 5.005_03 built for i386-linux
    >
    > Copyright 1987-1999, Larry Wall

so it's unlikely that perl version is the cause of the problem with RAQ550 - not that it matters since you can't upgrade it without breaking the GUI...

Comment

Paul,

That's what my ISP says... the Perl installation is server wide and doesn't come with 'patches' as such and you can't 'upgrade' it from the GUI

I'll post the error messages that I'm getting from the server shortly (on the V6 forum) and see if anyone can help resolve those.

Thanks for your input

Jos
      Thanks

Jos Medinger

www.internetology.co.uk

Comment

I hope this isnt going to effect my site, cos i've just purchased a new dedicated server (raq550)... the site used to run on a raq4... eeek!

Fingers crossed!

Andyk

Comment

Hi Folks,

Just to wrap this all up, the problem has been resolved with the following outcomes

1) Actinic V6 runs just fine on a RaQ 550 running standard installation Perl V5.005

2) It would appear that although the AUG states that Actinic 6 requires Perl V5.006 to reun, this is NOT the case - probably just advisory on Actinic's behalf

3) The reason for the problems I experienced was template based after an upgrade from V5 to V6 (old V5 templates were still being incorrectly used amd were sending the wrong commands to the perl scripts)

Hope this helps!

Cheers

Jos
          Thanks

Jos Medinger

www.internetology.co.uk

Comment

Thank god for that... pheeeewwwweeee! [wipes sweat from brow]

Andy

Comment