Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

POP UP page problem

Hello,

I've been trying to configure the pop up page so that the Add to Cart button and the Product Description are included. I have moved the NETQUOTEVARS to the Act_ExtendedInfo document, but this has proved unsuccessful.

Does anybody know how I can mange this?

Thanks

It's non-trivial (especially if you want all attributes / choices / prompte, etc. See www.drillpine.biz/actinicstuff/ for a readme on how to do this.

Norman
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

POP UP page problem

Thanks Norman,

I've tried the script listed under:

"Additional example code to make popup page have submit and attribute buttons"

The script works when I open it from the Preview HTML file, but it doesn't work when using the Actinic Page Preview. Could Actinic be using a different source for the Pop Up template?

Cheers

Comment

Update

Please ignore my last comment.....

OK, I can now get the pop up to display the add to cart etc. However, when the pop up appears, I am presented with the alert box in the script. Do you have any idea why this would happen?

Thanks

Comment

I think (although you've not mentioned it here) that you're using V7. Although the readme is for V6 - I just tried it with V7 (Catalog and Demo Site) and it works just fine.

The usual reason that these patches fail is that something got missed out or was done wrongly. I'd restore everything and try again.

I've also updated the readme so it's best to download it afresh and try again using the 04-04-04 version.

Norman

PS V7 added a new NETQUOTEVAR to the product templates. For full compatibility you should edit AddToCart_ExtendedInfo.html and replace the line:-

<b>NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTPRICE</b>

with-

<b>NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTPRICE</b><br>
          <span class="actxsmall">NETQUOTEVARISCOUNTINFO </span>

The patch will work without this but info on product level discounts won't be dispalyed.

Comment

Hi Norman.

Thanks again for responding.

I'm afraid it still doesn't work. I've restored and tried again. Is there something I'm missing? Should I be doing anything in addition to the instructions on the readme?

I'm a js novice so any help is much appreciated.

Comment

If you download and use the most recent readme, following it exactly then it works. If you can upload a page to a test server and post the page's URL so I can look at it then I can possibly help.

If you're only Previewing there's not much I can do.

Norman

Comment

Finally....

Managed to sort it in the end. Had to uninstall Actinic and install it again. I must have removed a NETQUOTEVAR from the Act_ProductLine template. That's the only solution I can think of. I've been very careful this time though and it seems to have worked well.

Thanks for all your help.

Comment

Working...
                X