Which Encryption Method ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which Encryption Method ?

Just started a new site with V4, and was wondering which is generally considered, the most secure method of encryption.

Software encrypted or 128bit SSL?

Craig Davies
    Devizes
    "Live in England, and subject yourself to the punishing taxes of envy, it's hard to be a winner in a society dedicated to the glorification of losers."

The preferred method is 128bit SSL as everyone accepts this on websites (i.e. golden padlock on the browser status bar), but a lot of v4 site use the Java Applet without problems or lack of sales and is backed by the high street banks, so.............

Comment

I guessed that would be the case, but thought I'd better ask.

Thanks for the reply.

Craig Davies
      Devizes UK
      "Live in England, and subject yourself to the punishing taxes of envy, it's hard to be a winner in a society dedicated to the glorification of losers."

Comment

There is nothing wrong with the Java Applet - so dont think that you have to go the ssl route as this is not the case, but a stop gap to going for your own SSL certificate would be the Actinic Shared SSL solution (v4.1.1 onwards).

Comment

see the info we have on our website explaining the different payment methods

http://www.pinbrookhosting.co.uk/act...nt_methods.htm

Comment

Working...
          X