Static Web Site Integration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Static Web Site Integration

Hello. I am developing my first actinic store (for a client). I have configured other storefronts. Looking at the documentation, I am unclear about how actinic does, and does not integrate with the static web site; can I cross link "Buy Now" buttons from my static pages to the shopping cart, etc.?

This is important, because I am making decisions about my site design and user flow prior to completing the storefront config.

I have a license key; I have the documentation; I am prepared to follow setup wizards for a week or so; but I have never actually seen a live actinic store, and the documentation isn't so good at providing a baseline for envisioning your end product.

Any help and/or encouragement would be much appreciated.

If you visit the www.actinic.co.uk you will see a link to quite a few example stores running Actinic which should help you, but these will be in varying versions of the software as you go down the list...

Comment

or do an internet search for "acatalog"

Comment

There's a section in the advanced user guide about how to integrate Actinic's functionality into an existing design.

have you looked at that yet?

Mike
        -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

I guess I'm in the same boat as Tedds. I've studied the advanced guide but I'm not a techi by any means. I'd love to know if it's possible to create a "buy now" button in the static part of a site which adds to the cart. Any pointers appreciated
          JHeath

Comment

Hi Jeremy

This is talked about in THIS knowledge base article. Hope that helps.

Comment

Originally posted by jheath
              I'd love to know if it's possible to create a "buy now" button in the static part of a site which adds to the cart. Any pointers appreciated
              I've done it. My way of doing it was to steal the code from the generated section page which held the product I wanted. This works particularly well if you want to use products with components etc. Here's how the code looks in generated form:

<form method=POST action="http://www.yoursite.com/cgi-bin/ca000001.pl" >
              <INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN name=RANDOM value="NETQUOTEVAR:RANDOM">
              <INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="SID" VALUE="13">
              <INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="PAGE" VALUE="PRODUCT">

If you have components with checkboxes or attributes with radio buttons they go here.

And finally the order button:
              <INPUT TYPE="IMAGE" SRC="orderbutton.gif" NAME="productname" WIDTH="70" HEIGHT="32" BORDER="0"></form>

Here's a sample page: http://hiddenvalleyhibiscus.com/acatalog/cd.htm

Special note: If you change the sections or move the product to another section or remove any attributes/components you MUST update the static pages also as else you get a script error and nobody can place an order. Take it from one who's been there!

yvonne
              http://hiddenvalleyhibiscus.com

Comment

Working...
              X