Sending base files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sending base files

I have just bought Actinic V6. I am trying to up load the catalogue using Fasthosts. I have set all to Fasthost instructions for windows 2000 server. When I test in advanced network it says test worked. If I configure website it says it worked. When I try to up load to the site it stops at sending base files. I have tried on passive transfer in advanced network and it makes no difference. Can anyone help.
    Attached Files

Have you created the acatalog and the cgi-bin directories on your directory. I use fasthosts and have the same settings as you except for ignore passive ftp errors which is true and use passive ftp which is true.

Have you enabled Frontpage extensions because that can cause problems sometimes.

Regards,
    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
    Multichannel order processing
    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Thank you for your reply. have the ftp settings the same as you for passive transfer i.e. both true.
      I have not installed front page extensions. should I?

Comment

No, you won't need to install the FrontPage Extensions - it is probably safer to work without them.

Have you tried talking to Fasthosts? If there is an error happening, it may be that their server log reveals what the problem is.

We have had a few customers with Fasthosts lately struggling to upload. The best advice we normally give is to go and make yourself a cup of tea, and often by the time you get back, the upload will be underway.

Comment

I have tried fasthosts and they haven't been any help. I have tried leaving it but it doesn't load. Actinic have just sent me a list of settings which is identical to what I have so I'm still stuck. Do you know what solutions other people with problems have come up with? Should I change from Fasthosts to somewhere else.

Comment

Hi Chris,

One of my replies got lost in the works somewhere, I posted it yesterday, it basically said don't install frontpage extensions, I only mentioned because I had real problems trying to use Actinic and Frontpage with fasthosts (and a.n.other host as well).

What kind of server have you got? Maybe you could upgrade it to a higher level, which would give a lower level of loading - silver is only a bit more.

I occasionally have problems uploading - I seem to get a timeout which isn't solved by retrying which means I have to try again. I is much easier to upload in the less busy times of the day - but I have always put this down to my ISP being too busy. So you could try uploading at quite times of the day.

Regards,
            Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
            Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
            A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
            Product Mash for Sellerdeck
            Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
            Multichannel order processing
            Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Thank you for your help.
              Last night in desperation I used a fasthosts dial up instead of Bt or Freeserve. It worked straight away. I will have to see if it keeps working now.
              Once again thanks.

Comment

Working...
              X