Business Management

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Business Management

Please forgive me if this is a silly question.

We have version 6.1.4 of Catalog.

I have it installed on my pc and it all works fine. However, my role is primarily development. I am busy adding products and functionality. At present I have to download orders and email him a packing list.

My colleague processes the orders from another office. Can he load the software on his machine so that he can process orders directly?

If he goes on holiday can I take over the order processing?

Thanks in anticipation.

Niall
    Niall
    www.highlandclans.co.uk

The usual way to do this would be to have split order processing and catalog developement. You install the software on both machines and use snapshots to keep his website up to date.

He would download orders and process them. You would develop the catalog and keep the online shop up to date.

When you wanted to take over order processing, you would send him a snapshot which he would load without selecting the option to overwrite orders, he can then make a snapshot of his site and send that to you, you would install it and choose to overwrite orders.

There are issues in using Actinic in this way, you will be unable to use stock control and if you have business, creating customers becomes trickier.

If you don't want to do this, we sell tools to automate Actinic, they can be setup to download orders at regular intervals and email a copy of certain reports to a third party, so you could use this to automatically send orders over to him. More details and a free trial at the URL below.

http://www.mole-end.biz/acatalog/One...utomation.html

Regards,
    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
    Multichannel order processing
    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Jan,

Thank you very much for that quick response.

I thought that might be the case but wanted to check the licensing aspect.

We are not yet busy enough to need a sophisticated order management system. However, I am a db developer so will probably build a front end to catalog in due course.

Regards,

Niall
      Niall
      www.highlandclans.co.uk

Comment

Working...
      X