Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SQL Server Error

Hi All

I am trying to link an SQL server db into Actinic and keep getting the following error message.

"You must use the dbSeeChanges option with Open Recordset when accessing a SQL server table that has an identity column"

Is there any way around this as I cannot change the SQL db as this is eing used for something else ut I would like to use the product info in Actinic

Thank You
    Stephen

Think you would be best off posting this within an SQL forum for assistance to be honest with you as not much chance of heavy duty SQL coders sitting down and working out the errors for you here in an Actinic forum, even though it is Actinic related, in what you want to connect with, but as the only Db to do with Actinic is on the development machine, it is unlikely

Comment

dbSeechanges is an option that you would set when opening a database table in a program, using this options means that you are asking to be told about other users trying to edit data while that you are changing.

I think that you can only set this option in a program, so you can't do anything yourself to get this option set. I have checked a standard SQL server ODBC connection and cannot see an option to have this set as default.

I would suggest trying these options :

1) making sure that the update data flag is unchecked in the linking options in Actinic.

2) linking the table in access and then linking Actinic to the access table rather than the SQL server table.

3) making a new table in SQL server that does not have an identify field and contains only the data that you want to use in Actinic (using triggers to keep it in line with the main table) and then linking Actinic to that.

4) Generating an import file from the data rather than linking directly.

Regards,
      Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
      Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
      A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
      Product Mash for Sellerdeck
      Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
      Multichannel order processing
      Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Thanks Jan.

Linking to acces is the way around this, not perfect but a good workaround.

Stephen

Comment

Working...
        X