QuickBooks Tax Code cannot be found in the tax grid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

QuickBooks Tax Code cannot be found in the tax grid

When transferring in-state orders from Actinic (US) to QB, sometimes they load fine and other times I get this message.

QuickBooks Tax Code for
    Actinic Tax Name 1: MI Sales Tax
    Actinic Tax 1 Rate: <Empty>
    Actinic Tax Name 2: (None)
    Actinic Tax 2 Rate: <Empty>
    cannot be found in the tax grid. Please adjust your tax settings.

The tax codes are right there in the Actinic Link grid so I can't figure out what the problem is or why it doesn't happen every time I transfer a Michigan sales tax order. Very frustrating. Please tell me what I'm missing. Thx.

Hi

Can you tell me what versions you are using for :

1. Actinic
    2. Actinic Link
    3. QuickBooks

Cheers
    Krithika Chandrasekar
    SellerDeck

sigpic

E-commerce software by SellerDeck

Comment

Actinic Developer Version 6 (USA)
      Quickbooks Premier 2003
      Actinic Link (Not sure which version but this came with my Actinic version 6 last fall)

Comment

Hi

I will need to recreate the problem at my end. Can you FTP your actiniccatalog.mdb to my server space ? I'll send you the FTP link via email.

I'll also need the following : (Please take a back-up before sending)
        o InstallDir\*.ini
        o InstallDir\*.xml
        o InstallDir\Export.mdb
        o HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\VB and VBA Program Settings\
        branch from registry
        o HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Actinic\AccountsInterface\
        o backup copy of QB company file (+ user/passwd if protected) - If
        possible

Cheers
        Krithika Chandrasekar
        SellerDeck

sigpic

Comment

Hi

I tried sending you an email but it is bringing up a message saying:
          "That user has specified that they do not wish to receive emails"

Can you please contact the administrator to enable this facility?

Cheers
          Krithika Chandrasekar
          SellerDeck

sigpic

Comment

Hi

I have sent you a mail with the FTP details.

Cheers
            Krithika Chandrasekar
            SellerDeck

sigpic

Comment

Hi Wayne

I have received the files transferred by you.

You can find the HKEY files in the Registry Editor. For this, go to Start and click on Run. Type in 'regedit' and click on OK.

In the window that opens up, click on + symbol next to HKEY_CURRENT_USER and scroll down to find a folder called Software. Within this, find VB and VBA Program settings. Right click on it and select Export.

Similarily, you will find another Parent folder by the name of HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE. If you expand this folder, you will find a sub-folder named Software. Expand this again, the very first sub-folder will be Actinic. Click on the + symbol next to it and you will get AccountsInterface. Right-click on it and select export.

Upload these files to the server as well. Please let me know when this is done and I'll take it from there.

Regards
              Krithika Chandrasekar
              SellerDeck

sigpic

Comment

OK, all the files should be there now. Thanks for your help - this issue is the only thing keeping our site from going live and we're anxious to get it working.

Comment

Any news on this yet Krithika?

Comment

Hi Wayne

This problem might be caused by a bug in the catalog. As per my colleague, in the exported file orderlines.csv, the field " V4 Tax 1 data" was blank which shouldn't have been.
                    To work around this problem, if you open Order Details, i.e., double-click on the orders that contain products with attributes, before you re-export them to files, then the data will be exported in the correct format.

Another problem in the orders is that the Ship Method not being unique, transferring invoices will fail. For e.g., for two orders ending 065 and 067, the Shipping Description fields begin with "Other-We will' and "Other-we will". As QuickBooks expects them to be unique, it fails in its attempt to create these fields. To resolve this temporarily, you can transfer the orders in small sets, or preferably one by one, after applying the workaround suggested above.

Hope this helps.

Cheers
                    Krithika Chandrasekar
                    SellerDeck

sigpic

Comment

OK, that gets me around the problem, thank you. If you come up with a solution to the problem, please let me know.

Comment

Quickbooks tax problem

Hey Michael,
                        The issue is a configuration issue in eith tax or shipping. First check to your tax configuration in Actinic, I will assume its advanced. Also check the shipping settings to see if you have a tax type defined in the shipping as a taxable item and figure out which tax type you have applied (same issue for handling)

Now armed with this information go to Actinic link (your probably running 1.2) and you can install the updated quickbooks link 1.3 which is now available for download from Actinic.com.

In the Link tax configuration you must configure each tax type your using.
                        Typically you will set up tax then the tax type so you will need four line items in a standard configuration (a line item for exempt, tax, pro-rata and Zero rated) possiably five if using "none". Reconfigure your tax lines and test. By setting up the link to handle all potential available tax variations you should emliminate the issue caused by receiving an order to quickbooks that does not have a tax item which is defined.

I hope this information helps you, please use teh Actinic.com support form if you would like direct assistance from the Sure Solutions support team.

Brian
                        Brian Johnson
                        :::Sure Solutions Inc:::Professional Actinic templates from Buythisdesign.com:::
                        1-732-528-7635 x203

Comment

Working...
                        X