Site Check

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Site Check

Having a big upgrade to the site from EXISTING TIGGYPIG.COM to New Look TiggyPig site

Welcome any site critique please, good, bad, ugly, just so we can get the bugs ironed out before we go live.

Mark

...with fear and trepidation

Mark,

I find these things very difficult as so much is down to personal taste - but here goes.

Overall I like it very much and I thought the graphics were excellent quality.

On the down side I am worried about the number of clicks required.

One suggestion is that on a page such as http://www.dev1.actinichosts.net/aca...NEW_STUFF.html I think it would be useful to have a price indicator. ie from £4 or prices from X to Y.

Finally, the white space in the product area is very clean, but on the above page it has a slightly "unfinished look". As to how it could be improved - I don't know. HAVE YOU OVERDONE THE CAPITALISATION IN THE HEADINGS?

Hope this helps.

Niall
    Niall
    www.highlandclans.co.uk

Comment

Deffo not an indepth review, probably not what you wanted to hear either, but I think I prefer your original site.

C'mon folks, give Mark some opinions.
      Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

Comment

I think the new site is fantastic. I'm never that keen on Arial - but that is just personal taste. It is quick loading (for such a graphical site) and the product images are very good quality. Nice one.

Comment

Cheers Chris,

does this mean that when we go live we can get listed on the Actinic site as an EXAMPLE site?

Comment

Absolutely - send an email to btownsend [@] actinic.co.uk and Bruce (our marketing manager) will take a look.

Comment

Missing graphics

I have the site running in TEST mode at: V7 Test Site

Looks ok except when i go to the order confirmation page and then i lose all the graphics.

I';ve tried copying and using a working act_primary as the order page layout but still no graphics.

Any ideas?

Comment

Mark I noticed your image URL's are pointing to HTTPS when in the checkout stages.

I would presume they need uploaded to the secure server as well.
                Owner of a broken heart

Comment

Hi Mark

New site looks great and very professional.

Think the info/faq page particularly well designed.

Only thing I don't like is the moving message at the bottom, which I think looks tacky.

Good luck with going live

Martin

Comment

Nice site, looks good-

The only thing I would suggest that isn't about personal preference, is how the site looks in 800x600 screen resolution. Although I don't use that resolution myself, others do. When you switch to this resolution you get the dreaded horizontal scroll bars, and the alignment of the columns on the right hand side miss aligns with the top.

I like the flash image in the top right hand corner. Nice and subtle. However, I agree with the previous post that the scrolling message along the bottom looks tacky.

Comment

Mark,

I am afraid its raining here and I fear that I am about to rain on your parade.

I am just back from a few days away and caught the recent postings and your new test site. It seemed to take a while to load on on 500k broadband.

There is a very useful page http://www.websiteoptimization.com/services/analyze/ which will alllow you to evaluate a page. I ran yours through and got these results:

Object type Size (bytes)
                      HTML: 32202
                      Javascript: 14754
                      CSS: 5399
                      Multimedia: 1
                      Other: 0

Download Times
                      Connection Rate Download Time
                      14.4K 186.85 seconds
                      28.8K 93.62 seconds
                      33.6K 80.31 seconds
                      56K 48.34 seconds
                      ISDN 128K 15.08 seconds
                      T1 1.44Mbps 1.67 seconds

If any of your customers are on 56k links 48 seconds is a killer. I wouldn't wait that long.

Sorry to be negative.
                      Niall
                      www.highlandclans.co.uk

Comment

Not at all Niall, appreciate it, thats why I asked in the first place.

Comment

Working...
                        X