Can't upload with new firewall!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't upload with new firewall!

I have been running my Actinic site for about a month now - www.smartvibes.com - and all has been fine (apart from the lack of sales). Yesterday I installed Panda Platinum Internet Security and now I cannot upload my site.

Every other program prompts Panda to ask me whether I would like to grant permission but not Actinic. What can I do?

I tried an upload with the firewall switched off and it gets much further but then fails at the "merge" part.

HELP!

I've now tried an upload and a site refresh with my firewall turned off and I get an error during the merge...

"An error occurred while sending the merge request."

Please help - I am very worried about this.

Comment

Hi there

Personally i have never used that software, but with some firewall software, you would set up "rules" or "permission" to allow a program to access the internet.

With Norton firewall and ZoneAlarm, you would give permission for catalog.exe to access the internet through port 21, 80 and 443. (FTP, HTTP and SSL).

You might want to check the setup of your firewall, to allow catalog.exe to access the internet and also check to see if those port are disabled?

Kind Regards
      Nadeem Rasool
      SellerDeck Development

Comment

But the merge error occurs even when i disable my firewall!

Comment

Hi there

With merge errors, it can either be of the following:

1. The .fil files within the /acatalog/ folder have not been set to a permission of 777
          2. The cgi scripts (ie os00001.pl) have not been set to 755

You could try the following:

1. Refreshing the site.
          2. Making sure all items within the /acatalog/ folder on your site is set to 777
          3. Install Actinic on another pc and see if you get a merge error again? Preferably one which does not have Panda Platinum Internet Security installed.

Kind Regards
          Nadeem Rasool
          SellerDeck Development

Comment

Thanks for your help Nadeem but we have fixed it now.

Turns out that one of the perl scripts had been modified to allow it to work on an SMTP server (or something). The guy who built my site went thru this during initial setup with someone from Actinic support.

Anyway, after a recent virus scare we decided to change all my passwords. Then I was told to do a Site Refresh, which I had not done before. Actinic didn't like the modded script and threw a wobbly.

It's fine when I just do an upload but it appears that a site refresh is quite another matter. Glad my techie figured this out as it was doing my nut.

Comment

Hi Andy

Glad it working fine now

Kind Regards
              Nadeem Rasool
              SellerDeck Development

Comment

I also am having some trouble with uploading Actinic....I am attempting to set our Actinic 4 up again (oh yes) apparently there was trouble before regarding the firewall settings/ports and being bale to uplaod. Can you tell me what ports need opening and whether they are incoming or outgoing? thanks
                Dan
                Last edited by itsdanny; 17-Aug-2004, 01:08 PM. Reason: add more details

Comment

See if this knowledge base article answers your question.

Comment

Working...
                  X