Limiting the cart total?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Limiting the cart total?

Is there an easy way to limit the cart total to say £5,000? I am building a store that lists expensive dental equipment and customers are not going to want to pay the whole amount in one go although we need to take a deposit.

Instead we need to be able to take a either the whole amount (up to £5000) or if over this a max of £5000. Orders will only be processed offline via PDQ or sending a cheque.

For orders over £5000 the balance will be paid on delivery of goods or just prior. Some orders will require installation so the remainder can be invoiced after delivery/install.

Kevin
    seo company: web development - online marketing - actinic ecommerce

Hi

Depending on which version of the software you are on, there are different ways of doing this.

Can you let us know the Actinic Version you are using?

Cheers
    Krithika Chandrasekar
    SellerDeck

sigpic

E-commerce software by SellerDeck

Comment

Hi Krithika,
      I'm using developer V7 but the client will be buying business V7. After speaking to the client today he is thinking about having anything up to £5000 is paid in full but over this a 10% deposit is taken. All payments to be processed offline. I was thinking of cutomising the payment pages by taking the net value if > £5000 and working out a deposit value and displaying this but you may have a much easier suggestion!

Thanks

Comment

Hi Kevin

There might not be a straightforward way to achieve this, but there is a workaround.
        What you can do instead is set a 90% discount on cart value exceeding £5000.00, and display a notification on the shop pages explaining the payment procedure.

1. Go to View | Discounts and Surcharges Settings

2. Click on the Order Level tab. Tick "Enabled" and select "Cart Value Excluding or Including Tax" for 'Based On', followed by Percentage in the Type field.

3. In the Triggers box, click on the + symbol to create a new field. Enter £5001.00 and in the Percentage field, enter 90.

4. Click Apply and then OK.

5. To change the message that will appear on the site explaining the discount go to Design | Text and click on the Go To button.

6. Enter 2366 in the ID field and click OK. You can alter the text to be displayed here. You can also control where you want the text to appear in View | Discounts and Surcharges Settings, Miscellaneous tab.

This will in effect show the full order value in the checkout stages but the customer's account will be debited by only 10% of the amount.

Hope this helps.
        Cheers
        Krithika Chandrasekar
        SellerDeck

sigpic

E-commerce software by SellerDeck

Comment

Thanks, I'll give that a go. It will be much quicker than what I suggested.

Comment

Working...
          X