A7 importing csv product reference not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A7 importing csv product reference not working

I need to import >1000 products that have an existing product reference format of XXNNNN, where X is a letter and N is a number. I found the example import files included with A7, and using Sample_Import_Refs.csv, I am able to successfully import.

But in the Sample_Import_Refs.csv file all the products are pre-numbered (1, 2, 3, ... 15, 16, etc.). When I substitute in some of my product reference numbers, for example BC3412, CS4287, etc., my product references are NOT brought in, but instead are assigned sequenced numbers.

I tried a simple csv file made with Excel97:

Section text, Product reference, Short description, Price, Stock in hand
    Magazines, 47, Magazine Sub, 599, 99
    Scissors, BH3722, All-Purpose Scissors, 1021, 50

The import is as expected except that the Product Reference for 'Magazines' is assigned 1, and Scissors is assigned 2. not 47 and BH3722.

What am I doing wrong? How can I get the import function to bring in my existing numbers?

It sounds as if your catalog is set up to autogenerate product references, when this option is set you don't have an option to import the product reference field - to fix this up you need to go to view/business settings and look at the options tab, the top right hand corner has the product reference tab, make sure that autogenerate product references is switched off and then try the import again.

Regards,
    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
    Multichannel order processing
    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Of course!

Well, duh.

Thanks. This is my first 'real' store after using the trial. I used that setting once in the trial version, but forgot that because I started a new store I didn't retain my settings.

Comment

Working...
      X