Perl path and merge error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Perl path and merge error

I'm giving this actinic audiostore software another try with the new patch 6.1.5. I had to abandon it last time because of the bug in 6.1.4 with the General Script error at checkout.

Now I have a new problem. I cannot configure the web settings. It fails on finding the path to perl and tells me strict, socket, cwd, and file::copy are not installed. I have imported the network settings I used last time; I have also entered the settings manually. The path to Perl is the same one the ISP gives, although being on a Windows server, the scripts will run iif you put them in the cgi bin. The ISP tells me everything is there.

If I configure manually, and try and refresh the website, I get merge error. I have searched the help and seen that the permissions have to be set to 777 and 755 I think it was. I tried doing this through my ftp program, but they keep changing back to 666.

In theory the software does everything I want; in practice I just can't get it to work. I presume it must work for some people because a lot of people are using it, judging by this forum.

I tried looking for a new version of audiostore in case applying the catalog patch to the audiostore software caused the problem; however there is nothing on the etcetera site, even about buying the software, and nothing on the actinic site. I'm wondering if audiostore is even an option anymore or if it's been abandoned because it never worked and never will.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Janet

I would reckon that your problem is with the remote server (ie hosting)

Change this and I expect the software will work

Comment

Hi there.

I think it is worth pointing your host in the direction of http://www.actinic.co.uk/hosting/ . There are a couple of Windows IIS server setup guides there.

Hope this helps.
      Darren

SellerDeck

www.sellerdeck.co.uk

Comment

Thanks for that. I will certainly point them there. And if all else fails, maybe try another host.

Comment

Working...
        X