Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Homepage link problem

Hi,

I'm only just starting with the software and I replaced the standard index page[or homepage] with a page I'd already designed elsewhere.

What I had intended to do is to add links from my page to the online catalogue ,etc.. further down the tree. But i don't know what the addresses are.

I presume it's possible what am I missing ?

Thanks , David

Same homepage problem

Ok,
    I still need your help as the links below don't really cover my problem.

Here's what happened:
    On the homepage I selected , in the layout section, a page which I had made in Netscape composer. It was the holding page I had already designed.

Now this has stuck , I can't add fragments or links or anything. For example I've cut and pasted the URL address for the on-line Catalog , and it doesn't work but put the same address in the browser and it does.

I've tried selecting the Act_Primary.html . But instead of the original default page , it comes up purely as HTML script that is currently beyond my ablility to alter.

Any ideas to either, make a direct link between the homepage and the catalog or starting the homepage again with the original template would be great.

Thanks for your time

David

Comment

To create links from a custom page to an online store page, you need to either

1) Include the full link of the page as it will appear online e.g.

http://your.URL/acatalog/Section_Page.html

or

2) Use the Links described in pp 43-44 of the latest v7 Advanced User Guide. This will then work for logged-in customers as well as non-logged in ones (but if you are just using Catalog you don't have to worry about this for the moment.

Comment

how do I find the address of the catalog ?

Hi,
        thanks for that, but how do I find out the address of my on-line catalog page :
        this is it's address in the browser...

file:///F:/Program%20Files/Actinic%20v7/Sites/Site1/PreviewHTML/P_index.html

And this is the address of the first section :
        file:///F:/Program%20Files/Actinic%20v7/Sites/Site1/PreviewHTML/P_index.html

They seem the same, also as I'm working off line , can I write the link so it works on my hard drives then change it for the up load ?

David

Comment

Those are the addresses of your preview pages. Have you not uploaded your store yet? Once you do, you will see that your store pages have addresses that look like:

http://your.URL/acatalog/Section_Page.html

I'm afraid it is not possible to have these working on the desktop and then automatically change them when you upload.

Comment

Thanks

I didn't realise you could do that. But it makes sense.

Thanks for our help.

David

Comment

Working...
            X