No announcement yet.

General Script Error and Upload Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK as this problem seems to be common and i change the id's to kick start actinic, maybe another option could be included in the trouble shooting to rewrite the scripts without having to change the id number.

Just a thought

D

Comment

maybe another option could be included in the trouble shooting to rewrite the scripts without having to change the id number.
      That's what 'purge and refresh' is for but if it doesn't work then there are other methods to use as per my last post.
      Tracey
      SellerDeck

Comment

Thanks Tracey it does not always work, it has never been 100% for me and a few others to, hence the idea to add an alternative method or fix the existing one.

I maybe wrong but if somethings suppose to do something but does not then ermmm it dont work properly

D

Comment

For hard coded links

Hi,

I use a lot of hard coded links.

To avoid similar problems in the future, is it possible to use an actinic variable in my links that includes the cgi no.??

E.g. /cgi-bin/ss00000INSERT ACTINIC VARIABLE HERE WITH CGI NO.pl?

That would save a lot of work!
          http://www.itwiz.co.uk

http://www.AntiV.net - The Discount Antivirus Store

Comment

Darren, are you saying that you get the problem where the 'Check and Send files' window doesn't appear when you try to upload the site and trying 'purge and refresh' then doesn't work for you. Or is that the 'purge and refresh' doesn't work generally for you?

If it's a general thing, can you describe what happens when you do a purge and refresh please.

Matt
            To avoid similar problems in the future, is it possible to use an actinic variable in my links that includes the cgi no.??
            Yes, <actinic:variable name="CGIScriptID" />
            Tracey
            SellerDeck

Comment

Tracey

I was meaning the problem with the scripts needing to be regenerated, rather than change the script id then perhaps the option to regenerate the ofline scripts, delete the online scripts ready for upload.

does this make sense, at present i change the script id's but this is not always ideal as has been mentioned with hardcoded links

D

Comment

Matthew,

E.g. /cgi-bin/ss00000INSERT ACTINIC VARIABLE HERE WITH CGI NO.pl?
                Already there. Use <actinic:variable name="SearchCGIURL" /> which returns the full URL.
                Norman - www.drillpine.biz
                Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

I was meaning the problem with the scripts needing to be regenerated
                  How often does this happen to you Darren? We have investigated this in the past but have never been able to recreate it - when we get the snapshot it always works ok for us and as we know how to cure it we have to give the customer the workaround straight away so they can upload changes to their store but that really stops us from investigating it further.
                  Tracey
                  SellerDeck

Comment

strange i have a cgibin prob today with a site, worked lastnight, not this morning trying another host incase
                    deleted all pl and pm files off server 1 and no difference tried a id change no difference

going for plan Z now

server 2 diff id
                    Remembering the road to Actinic enlightenment is a long and sometimes painful one.
                    Current project:
                    cheapadulttoys4u.co.uk
                    cheaplingerie4u.co.uk
                    Something for the Missus,Something for the Weekend

Comment

G2 im around this morning if you need to test somewhere pm me or pop into the chat, only take me a couple of mins to sort something

Tracey

I gave up investigating the problems, i could never put my fingers on it, i usually ended up deleteing everything off the server manually via ftp then changed the script id's and things work ok, maybe its the server not allowing changes to the scripts in the 1st place?

D

Comment

maybe its the server not allowing changes to the scripts in the 1st place?
                        That's a possibility but it would be nice to get to the bottom of it. Maybe if you get the problem on a test site where it is not so critical to get it up and running straight away, we could get some information from you so we can investigate further.
                        Tracey
                        SellerDeck

Comment

For further investigation of this issue, if anyone gets it again can you check on your server whether you have any 'old*.fil' files in your 'acatalog' folder and let me know please.
                          Tracey
                          SellerDeck

Comment

Hi,

I've been experiencing similar problems to "WebD", the originator of this post, with the following message:

Error: Error opening configuration file ../acatalog/prompt.fil. No such file or directory

The website can be viewed here: http://www.authenticindianspice.com/ - you will immediately notice that the home page (index.html) is not uploading, but you can access the About Us page by going here: http://www.authenticindianspice.com/aboutus.html

I have gone through all the recommendations on this thread, namely:
                            • Website Purge and Refresh
                            • Deleting entries in the 'FileList' table from ActinicCatalog.mdb
                            • Compact Database
                            • Changing the 'CGI script ID'
                            • And finally tried removing everything (via FTP) and doing a Website Refresh

There are no errors or warnings when I test the Network Setup. I don't have any 'old*.fil' files in the 'acatalog'.

And still getting the same error message.
                            Can anyone help?

Comment

After 'fixing' a problem with actinic switching sites:
                              http://community.actinic.com/showthr...305#post299305

I found that when I tried to update after completing the steps above, it failed on the merge request part of the update and I had to refresh the site for it to upload as normal (i did this on a test site).

This morning I repeated the steps for our live site and have run into similar problems as others here. Any page that's referencing the cgi-bin does not work and returns a general script error. Our site is huge and is at the limit of what it can offer (almost 20,000 products) so it takes forever to refresh the site.
                              As a result, nobody can place orders, search or use the contact us form on the site and I'm a bit worried that actinic will produce an error after waiting for 4 or 5 hours for the refresh to complete.

The site does have hard coded links and that's why I didn't change the script id initially.

Is it normal for a site to lose such functionality whilst the site is refreshing?
                              Should I have changed the script id to be sure?
                              Can I cancel the refresh process, change the script id and refresh again or will that cause more problems now that one is already running?

Any help or tips please anyone?

Edit: Sorry guys, i've just realised that I have put this in the wrong forum although the issue seems to be the same. Can it be moved to the v7 and earlier section?
                              Last edited by Spitos; 20-Apr-2010, 01:49 PM. Reason: Posted in Wrong Forum

Comment

Working...
                              X