Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Google Base (FROOGLE) Changes, why they wont accept automatically actinic bulk sites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

from an seo point it will put everything down another lvl....am not sure how that will effect it
    there is more benefit in having single product pages than the percieved extra click

don't forget everything gets dumped in acatalog on the server, ie theres no sub folders on the server

Comment

agreed with the one page optimisation but it will move everything down in the sitemap because they are all sections wil one product in each
      www.onlineaquariumstore.com
      www.onlinevivariumstore.com
      www.onlinepondstore.com

Comment

ok...a bit of a thicko reply..how are the "single product pages" done?
        my methos is different to Duncan's I don't use duplicates, but neither do I have add to cart at multiple product pages as they are sections.

There was a long thread back in July/Aug when v8 came out, me going down one route, Duncan the other. Both methods are equally valid

Section
        subsection
        product
        subsection
        product
        subsection
        product

Comment

but it will move everything down in the sitemap
          which is irrevelant to a spider, sitemap is formatted using <ul> and <li>

Comment

from an seo point it will put everything down another lvl....am not sure how that will effect it
            What you need to get your head round is the fact that people will arrive directly on the single product page so the extra click is irrelevant.

Every V8 site I build is single product per page for lots of reasons

Comment

oh btw jan is there a way i can set the product type in the mash? got google complaining about that as well
              Yes, you need to set up a UDP (or customvar if using V7) for type and set it for products or sections, we have instructions in the help desk here :

http://moleend.helpserve.com/index.p...kbarticleid=10

this example is for manufacturer, but the concept is the same.

It would be nice to have the option to specify that a product should be put into it's own section (the section details could be taken from the product some how).

Regards,
              Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
              Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
              A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
              Product Mash for Sellerdeck
              Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
              Multichannel order processing
              Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

I think that this has to be one of the most ridiculous rejection reason I've see so far :

==================================================
                Issues:

- Irrelevant product type

-----------------
                - Irrelevant product type: We noticed that some of the product_type values you included are not relevant to your items. For example, your item titled "Delivery address labels" should include a more relevant product_type value, such as "Address labels."

Including irrelevant information may cause your products to be miscategorised and adversely affect your items' placement.

========================================

I sell paper that is used to generate invoice with delivery address labels, doh, whatever next.

Regards,
                Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
                Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
                A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
                Product Mash for Sellerdeck
                Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
                Multichannel order processing
                Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

oh ffs....do they have nothing better to do?!
                  Tracey

Comment

"Delivery address labels"
                    it has to be said.... you wouldn't be addressing your parcel with anything other than a delivery address would you, so the word delivery is superluous. Like " I was strolling leisurely down the road"

However, I see this being a real pain, especially if trying to produce feed automatically from actinic data, as I suspect Google are going to create their own product types which we have to fall into.

Comment

Originally posted by pinbrook
                      ...I suspect Google are going to ...
                      rule the world?
                      drive us crazy?

insert your own expletives as required.

Comment

Originally posted by dangermouse116
                        do you mean use the extended info? if so that would work but would just have people coming in from google to a blank page with just the product info. none of the rest of the shop info would be displayed. Is there a way to get the extended info to be a normal page within the sites normal formatting?
                        I use the extended info pages and have set them to be the same as the main page. Click here for an example. http://www.quality-silver.co.uk/acat...lery-90CA.html
                        This a development site so not everything is working.
                        Regards

Jason

Titan Jewellery (Swift Design)
                        Zirconium Rings
                        Damascus Steel Rings

Comment

Originally posted by pinbrook
                          There are lots of sites out there using one product per page,

surf-wax.co.uk/acatalog/index.html
                          mole-end.biz/acatalog/index.html
                          fancylines.co.uk/acatalog/index.html
                          I am reddesigning my site, test server at http://www.quality-silver.co.uk/acat...ets.html#a7T03
                          This is using 1 product per page but by modifying the extended info pages. Each page also has its unique page name and meta description and keywords. A lot easier and quicker than the normal 1 product per page approach. Click on a product to see.
                          Regards

Jason

Zirconium Rings
                          Damascus Steel Rings

Comment

do those pages show up in the sitemap? well ive got my chap cracking on making a conversion utility for the site. i think this might be easier as the pages show up in sitemap and helps that SEO stuff before in the thread. Ill let you guys know how it turns out
                            www.onlineaquariumstore.com
                            www.onlinevivariumstore.com
                            www.onlinepondstore.com

Comment

They don't appear in the Actinic sitemap. You can use another sitemap generator though to create a sitemap.xml file periodically.

Comment

As mentioned they don't show, however all my V7 extended info pages were indexed by google just through submiting a site map to them.

The extra benefit this time is that every extended info page will be a product page with its own content, keywords, description and title.

Will work better for the customer and search engines, may not be as good as the 1 product per page but with 2000 products I would never complete the work to change it.
                                Regards

Jason

Zirconium Rings
                                Damascus Steel Rings

Comment

Working...
                                X