• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Chris, All i wanted to know
    Chris Ashdown

Comment

Originally posted by webD View Post
      I'm really looking forward to this release, but do not want to see it picked apart because it was released to soon...
      Likewise Rich, this is the most anticipated and most tested version ever. We are not asking for it to be rushed out there (i can't think of one person who wants this), but we do want to make plans for both ourselves and our clients and at least have an idea. There are few things in life nowadays where we do not have some form of a deadline or ETA and can therefore plan ahead. I can't wait for 903, I am finding 902 an almost impossible version to work with, so its really key for me and my business. I genuinely have a handful of clients who are waiting for this release before they jump on and upgrade and it feels quite pathetic that as a developer I have no idea on dates when they ask me.

For me personally the fact that Chris has come on and said around 3 weeks is great and if he comes on in 2 weeks time and says we've found another biggie that will delay the release by another 2 weeks, once again that is also fine, i just want an idea and to feel in the loop, that's all. If you communicate with most reasonable people on this earth, you will rarely hear a bad thing said, people respect honesty, just like when Chris has come on before and been honest and been hugely respected for it.

Comment

I'm hoping for a November release to be able to upgrade v7 and v8 sites to be live after Christmas.

Comment

That is the one worry I guess on timescales and a very good point, i guess current V9 users have nothing to lose, brand new sites it doesn't matter and then there are sites like you mention that will probably wait I expect.

Comment

Originally posted by drounding View Post
            I'm hoping for a November release to be able to upgrade v7 and v8 sites to be live after Christmas.
            I'm with duncan, its too late to be thinking of upgrading before xmas, so a release any time before then is fine with me, as i won't be touching it until after xmas for live sites.

If i were designing (which i'm not) i'd still be on 8.5

Comment

Originally posted by pinbrook View Post
              If i were designing (which i'm not) i'd still be on 8.5
              I'm still using 8.5.2 here, I use it for all V9 builds and then upgrade at the last minute, but my last 2 clients have sent me V9 snapshots they currently have live and stuffed me right up lol. I can't do much for them until 903 surfaces.

Comment

Im on 9.0.2 and all is well - touches everything wood

Comment

I'm on 9.0.1 with sync upgrade and have 7 sites all ready to upload a new design,

Dont want to upgrade the sites and then have problems with 9.0.3 so hanging on, but very frustrating, and I guess the designer would like his money aswell (though he has morals and does not appear to send invoice untill the new designs are online, If he reads this I am happy to pay prior to this)

Fortunatly late November & December is by far our worst month, so a good time to bring in new designs
                  Chris Ashdown

Comment

All my new sites are on 9.02 and I'm experiencing no higher level of problems than when using 8.5.3
                    Elysium:Online - Official Accredited SellerDeck Partner
                    SellerDeck Design, Build, Hosting & Promotion
                    Based in rural Northants

Comment

I'm finding upgrades are working fine, no problems at all, which is why I am building all V9 sites in V8 and then just upgrading at the end. But brand new V9 sites are not playing ball with all sorts of problems in the design library, both Chris and Tracey have confirmed and seen these problems are happening and also some unexplainable problems in the <head> area.

We still do not have a successful and reliable way of transferring a design snapshot, selectors are doing some really crazy things. On a personal front, I find the new snapshot options both confusing and not working correctly either, I have nothing extra at my disposal than I do in 8.5.2 apart from the flag that shows changed layouts which I do really like.

If the design snapshot can be made reliable, then we will have a big step forward IMO.

I have 5 V9 sites live all working fine on 9.0.2, the problems all seem mainly down at design level on what I have seen, although admittedly one of those 9.0.2 sites has spent half its life with support.

Comment

I haven't seen any problems in the design library or the <head> area.... perhaps I've not been looking hard enough!!

As for the design snapshot - I've just ignored it until it is fixed. If a client wants a design update then they give me a full snapshot and don't update their copy until I've returned the updated snapshot to them. Fortunately, this hasn't caused any problems so far.
                        Elysium:Online - Official Accredited SellerDeck Partner
                        SellerDeck Design, Build, Hosting & Promotion
                        Based in rural Northants

Comment

I've been on 901 for several months without any significant problems. Will upgrade to 903 if it goes into full production by end of this month - if later than that I'll wait till after Christmas
                          Brian
                          www.flowergallery.co.uk
                          Same day flower delivery to UK
                          Same day flower delivery to Republic of Ireland
                          International Flower Delivery

Located in Argyll, Scotland, UK

Comment

Hi Lee,

>>brand new V9 sites are not playing ball with all sorts of problems in the design library, both Chris and Tracey have confirmed and seen these problems are happening and also some unexplainable problems in the <head> area.

Is this the same as http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=38185? If yes, then I see there is a bug already reported on the same and is due to be fixed in the next maintainance release.

Comment

Hi Kirthi

That is part of the issue yes, selectors in general as they were in V8 are completely unreliable. They either do not come over complete, they are empty causing crashes or they come over and have options in the drop down lists, but most of the options are blank as if the database has lost their name somehow.

The head area issues had your own developers perplexed, but basically the new selectors you now have to tidy this area up, which are a great idea, somehow seem to fail, yet there is no real reason, if you paste the exact contents of the selector back into the head area and remove the selector, it works fine. By developing V9 sites in V8 and then upgrading them, you can skip this issue, but you are stuffed if starting a V9 fresh build.

When you say next release, please tell me that you mean 9.0.3, not 9.0.4, these were reported back in Jun/Jul and are fundamental functions to the software, that should have been right 2.5 years ago in V8!

Comment

Hi Lee,

>> When you say next release, please tell me that you mean 9.0.3, not 9.0.4,

I am afraid it is going to be 9.0.4 as far as I can see.

Comment

Working...
                                X