No announcement yet.

Reinstall Actinic 9 only have v 8 disc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Before you do anything else.. don't install yet. Did you install version 9? If you didn't then check if your computer still has your Actinic 9 > Sites > Site1 folder which could be in your Library or Documents. If it is still there and it has your own files and images etc then make a backup of that Site1 folder you can use that as the backup.
    Peblaco

Comment

Originally posted by guccij View Post
      No. You cannot "download the website".

Use Windows search to look for any residual files.
      sorry how do i do that ??

Comment

[QUOTE=peblaco;341038]Before you do anything else.. don't install yet.

. Did you install version 9? If you didn't then check if your computer still has your Actinic 9 > Sites > Site1 folder which could be in your Library or Documents. If it is still there and it has your own files and images etc then make a backup of that Site1 folder you can use that as the backup.

yes it is still there how do I make a back up ???

Comment

no i didn't install v9 as it was going to delete all exisitng files !!!

Comment

Are you sure the Site1 contains your images and has your custom file not a default? If so then first step right click on the Site1 folder and copy, then paste it somewhere else like create a new folder in your documents and paste it. Also worth copying the Site1 to an external USB or hard drive. That way you create a backup.

Secondly if the Site1 folder is there check if the program is still there, unlikely if you reset the PC to default and it deleted, but it is worth checking, see if you can browse to the location "C:\Program Files\Actinic v9" or similar and does it have a file called "Catalog" that is the main file to double click and open the software. If none of the program files are there then you may need to check you have backed up the Site1 first and then install again.
            Peblaco

Comment

Originally posted by peblaco View Post
              Are you sure the Site1 contains your images and has your custom file not a default? If so then first step right click on the Site1 folder and copy, then paste it somewhere else like create a new folder in your documents and paste it. Also worth copying the Site1 to an external USB or hard drive. That way you create a backup.

Secondly if the Site1 folder is there check if the program is still there, unlikely if you reset the PC to default and it deleted, but it is worth checking, see if you can browse to the location "C:\Program Files\Actinic v9" or similar and does it have a file called "Catalog" that is the main file to double click and open the software. If none of the program files are there then you may need to check you have backed up the Site1 first and then install again.
              Done the back up on a new folder named after today date and actinic I iwill put another back up on an external drive
              Yes I checked the photos are still there but not found catalog file yet

Comment

Originally posted by susan View Post
                Done the back up on a new folder named after today date and actinic I iwill put another back up on an external drive
                Yes I checked the photos are still there but not found catalog file yet
                do I just reunstall actinic v 9 and then import the back up somehow ??

Comment

If you install version 9 it creates a new default demo store folder at your Documents "Actinic 9 > Sites > Site1" folder. The idea is that after you install the software you copy your old Site1 folder backup you made and replace the folder in the Documents > Actinic 9 > Sites > Site1 folder. Because your backup contains your database files and images, when you open the software you should have your site restored.
                  Peblaco

Comment

If you install version 9 it creates a new default demo store folder at your Documents "Actinic 9 > Sites > Site1" folder. The idea is that after you install the software you copy your old Site1 folder backup you made and replace the folder in the Documents > Actinic 9 > Sites > Site1 folder. Because your backup contains your database files and images, when you open the software you should have your site restored.
                    struggling to instal version 9 it has 2 options
                    upgrade version 8
                    instal version 9

which do I choose ??

I tried install v 9 and it asks for osme sort of password where do i get this form ??

Comment

Your site uses version 9 so you have to install version 9. What do you mean by "some sort of password" what does it say exactly? You will need your version 9 licence key from your original purchase details which you had from SellerDeck or from whoever you purchased through. If you can no longer access it I would suggest contacting SellerDeck.
                      Peblaco

Comment

Your site uses version 9 so you have to install version 9. What do you mean by "some sort of password" what does it say exactly? You will need your version 9 licence key from your original purchase details which you had from SellerDeck or from whoever you purchased through. If you can no longer access it I would suggest contacting SellerDeck.
                        I've got a licence key form version 8 do I put that in when installing up to v 9 or is there a new licence key I wolud have got at the time. ???

Comment

OK I have installed version 9 on a evaluation basis 30 day trial for the moment
                          how do I reinstall the backup files ????

Comment

I advise you to get your proper V9 licence key and put that in first. If you don't do this and run off the trial then you may not have full access to all features of your site if you put the backup in. If you cannot find the licence key then contact SellerDeck.
                            Peblaco

Comment

I advise you to get your proper V9 licence key and put that in first. If you don't do this and run off the trial then you may not have full access to all features of your site if you put the backup in. If you cannot find the licence key then contact SellerDeck.
                              Actinic just gave me it again on the phone !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                              so I will try again fingers crossed

Comment

Well it worked but how do we import the saved actinic backup I saved ???

what I backed up was a folder of all the actinic version 9 folders there were 3,911 items in it

willl I have to reconfigure all the settings to ???

sorry to be such a pain I am such an amatuer !!

Comment

Working...
                                X