Please help with this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please help with this

Related products, Also bought products etc, etc under an actual product rather than just in the shopping basket is proving impossible. I've read the 'Help' content that clearly states "As well as appearing next to the product in the store, the list also appears in the shopping cart'

Not for me it don't as per attached, all I get is NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTNAME

Yet the list displays in the shopping cart fine. It'd be nice if it displayed an image icon as well rather than a numerical list

Thanks
    Attached Files

Kev,

1. Several threads on the same problem doesn't help. It means the details of what you're doing and trying to achieve are spread out over several posts in different threads.

2. Reading between the lines on these threads it sounds to me as if you might be doing it wrong.

Once you've set up the related products for the product (Under the marketing tab) then the page should automatically display the related products below the product using the layout selected in Settings > Site Options > Layout >'Product Related Products List layout' which should be set to something like 'Regular Related Products List'

If this isn't working for you then can you give some more details on what you've set the layout to and what you see?
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Hello Mike

Thanks for bothering to reply, this must be a simple fix, but for point 1, I've deleted the thread

Point 2, you might be right or it might not be me as I've had the site worked on by 'Others' over the years

Recent, Also bought and Related products do not in anyway list under any of my products. I have set everything you mentioned above but it don't work, it will only display such information in the shopping cart

I've attached pics of what I see in Test Mode

The code is there but it don't want to know under the actual product in the product page itself??

If it's worth anything, I'm on SD14.03 and it was made Responsive by SD this year

I have SD on board doing an SEO contract on my site and one of many points they listed was to have 'Also bought' etc, for my products

I will gladly do that if it works and I'm buggered if I can get it to

I'm totally floored and lost on this
      Attached Files

Comment

On reviewing the posts I would suspect it's an upgrade issue. Have you tried right clicking the layouts for layoust and selecting "restore to factory settings"

Comment

If you look at the marketing tab for the product what other products do you see listed under the 'Product Related Product List' (which you must fill in yourself) and the 'Also Bought Product List' (which sellerdeck will fill in automatically when you tell it to 'Regenerate' the list).

I'm just wondering if these have any products showing?

Comment

Originally posted by mediamole View Post
            On reviewing the posts I would suspect it's an upgrade issue. Have you tried right clicking the layouts for layoust and selecting "restore to factory settings"
            I'm thinking upgrade issue as well Gary, but I've not tried the 'Restore to factory settings' as some file scripts have been edited and I don't want them screwed up

In saying that, I'll do a backup and try it just to see what happens

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Hughes View Post
              If you look at the marketing tab for the product what other products do you see listed under the 'Product Related Product List' (which you must fill in yourself) and the 'Also Bought Product List' (which sellerdeck will fill in automatically when you tell it to 'Regenerate' the list).

I'm just wondering if these have any products showing?
              Thanks Mike, I don't have access to it until this afternoon, but from memory in (Test Mode) I deliberately entered the product called 'DPS' in both the related list and also bought list. This can be seen in the shopping cart as you saw in the pics, but it doesn't want to display anywhere on the individual product page, again, as you saw

I'll screen shot exactly what's in the 'Product Related Product List' and the 'Also Bought Product List' just so as you know I'm not not going crazy

Comment

just so as you know I'm not not going crazy
                Fair enough. It's odd as the layouts for both the'product Related Product List' and 'also Bought Product List' should be sitting in your product layout and ought to be displaying automatically.

If you look at your product layout in design view do you see these two lines near the bottom of the layout ?

<actinic:variable name="ProductAlsoBoughtList" />
                <actinic:variable name="ProductRelatedProductsList" />

they'll show as

ProductAlsoBoughtList
                ProductRelatedProductsList

Comment

You're being dead helpful, trust me, I appreciate it as this is mental and some...

I've attached a couple of pics of what I'm looking at right now. The first being what I've done for the marketing for the product itself and and the other being what I see in Design view, and there is no variables as you've kindly suggested to look for

It's just not there, and I never removed it. If it's a case of inserting the variables manually, then I'll do that assuming I'm looking at the correct layout (Which I'm pretty sure I am) and then I've nailed it at last (With your help)
                  Attached Files

Comment

Yes. That's the right layout.

I've checked my version of the 'Regular Product Summary' layout and it also doesn't have those layouts.

I use one of the other layouts for my products which does have them. In my case 'Image on Left Text wrapped around'

So either changing the layout you use for your products or inserting those Layouts should hopefully sort it out.

Mike

Comment

Thank christ for that, I'm not going insane then....

Ok then, I assume you're on 'Responsive' Mike? I really don't want to mess this up, but it's "Kill or Cure" time me thinks

I'll see what happens

Comment

GURU !!!!!!!!!!

Clam down Kev, calm down. Thank you Mike, lost for words to be honest, but it's fine

Please, one last one from me, but the 'Also Bought List' looks a bit "In yah Face" on the link below, unless I've pasted the code in the wrong place, but we're getting there, god dam it Huston we are winning now !!

I'm throwing a party right now just to see this

http://www.doorentryonline.co.uk/aca...ry_system.html

Comment

I don't use the also bought list but if it shows in the page preview then clicking on one of the also bought items should bring up the layout where text sizes, etc are set.

PS. I've gone back and looked at this and you can introduce the layouts as we've just done here (in the product layout which leads to them being included in the product box which shades at the bottom) but they can also be added to the Responsive Product List layout which would give each of them their own box if that suits you better.

Comment

Kill or Cure version 2 here we go..........

Comment

Working...
                            X