No announcement yet.

An Actinic Book

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As I have said at least 100 million times on here, well at least three times, The majority of the AUG which does not change much should be released as the Actinic help file that you download with the software, the present offline help files are very low level but should be the first place you look for info.

The present help files are a joke, and even the tiny manual "Getting started with Actinic V9" that comes with the software has no mention of Locations to name one point
    Chris Ashdown

Comment

Originally posted by chris ashdown View Post
      As I have said at least 100 million times on here, well at least three times, The majority of the AUG which does not change much should be released as the Actinic help file that you download with the software, the present offline help files are very low level but should be the first place you look for info.

The present help files are a joke, and even the tiny manual "Getting started with Actinic V9" that comes with the software has no mention of Locations to name one point
      I would suggest if everything were under one roof the need for a book might be eliminated

as we know there is

getting started guide - pdf accessible from start menu
      inline help - assessible from help menu within software
      AUG - download from actinic site
      KB - online
      Community - online

so 5 different sources of valuable info all in different locations - no wonder people have difficulty locating the info they require

Comment

Well I guess time will tell... I quite agree that getting everything in one place would be a very good start.

I also agree I am someone who likes to learn. I am computer science trained, and have been taught to understand something from the bottom-up...and not just by dipping in and out of it. I want to understand the full picture, or as much as I can. I feel I can really work with a program then. Maybe that's just me, and the average user isn't so bothered! *fingers crossed book*

Comment

I think the AUG is a good place to start and experiment with. Doing so will soon give a good understanding as to what's what in the software.

Ideally I think there should only really be three locations for information: The software help file, the KB and the Forums.

I think the AUG could be incorporated into the KB - and in fact I think there is a lot of duplication between the two anyway now. The only reason I think the AUG exists is because, like you say some, people prefer to download and perhaps printout the AUG whilst feeling their way around the software.

Comment

Working...
          X