Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which small irritants would you most like fixed?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ability to double click in a field and the contents are selected in full

[Mick Eden]
    Ability to select all text in the 'page name' and 'page title' fields by multi clicking and then being able to delete it, or at least insert the cursor at the beginning of the field when the field gets focus (in the case of a multiple copy_of page it's hit and miss whether the cursor drops into the right place when amending the page name etc

Comment

Delete an order adjustment

a follow on from lees delete order lines not cancel it, all these make for untidy orders

Comment

The Commit dialog is not correctly populated for AP transactions when there is a back-order
        The Refund dialog is not correctly populated for AP transactions
        Product descriptions are truncated to around 30 chars in order shipped emails
        If you accidentally press the 'shopped before' button on the MOTO form you might as well pack up and go home for the day while Actinic loads the details of everyone who ever lived into the client PC
        There will be fixes for all of these in v10.0.3. Hopefully they will provide the behaviour you are looking for

Do something about 'copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_etc.html'
        That one is already on the shortlist for v11
        Bruce Townsend
        Ecommerce Product Manager
        Sellerdeck Ecommerce Solutions

Comment

When switching back to content management from the orders screen Actinic forgets my workspace layout
          Sounds like a corrupted registry key

Try opening the registry, then go to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Actinic\Catalog8\Sites\Site1\DockingPaneLayouts"

Highlight "ContentTabLayout" and delete this key

Then restart Enterprise
          Bruce Townsend

Comment

Ability to double click in a field and the contents are selected in full
            Double click selects the current word in Windows apps, pretty much universally AFAIK. We already support that. I think it would be a mistake to go our own way on that one, it would be counter-intuitive for the majority.

Ctrl-A selects the whole content in most fields in Actinic. It's broken in a few, but we are planning to fix those.

Treble click usually selects a paragraph in Windows apps. I would like us to support that, but it would be a big job as we would be starting from scratch in all fields.
            Bruce Townsend

Comment

I cant print anything if my remote printer is offline, you can not select and alternative printer. Clicking "printer setup does nothing" you have to edit the registry and delete the printer listed then you can restart actinic and select a new one.

Comment

Make all shipping classes available when you view order

make all shipping classes available in view order (irrespective of weight) and not just those of the original order.

Comment

Setup different areas of the UK as individual countries

Set up Catalogue with England area's already set up with England, Scotland Lowlands,Scotland Highlands, Northern Ireland and Offshore Islands, and maybe Wales,

The majority probably use a courier and they normally have price ranges for the above area's

I know that when I first started I struggled for Hours setting shipping up.

[Lee]
                  A large proportion of sites do not have these kind of splits Chris, so splitting out could cause problems for many more than this does currently. Because the UK operates under one tax code, not one per country, any solution is somewhat clunky. I agree something something could be done, but it's what that is the question. I'd probably favour setting all these areas up as countries and including them into UK shipping and tax zones. To separate them you would still need to setup different shipping zones, but that could be detailed much better in the help and simply must have a 'how to' in the area.
                  Chris Ashdown

Comment

Add an 'ignore' option when a resource cannot be found

When navigating to a page or tab with a image or file not found Actinic throws the error "The selected image file does not exist" and you can't get to other tabs. This is okay unless you are working on a site where you don't want to change all the file paths for some reason, so could it have an "ignore" button rather than forcing the fields be changed?.
                    Peblaco

Comment

Stay in the same place when working in the edit code window

When editing code in the Design view and scrolling across a line to edit code, cutting/copying/pasting etc on the line it doesn't stay where you are it frequently throws you back to the start of the line on the left which can be annoying.
                      Peblaco

Comment

Update the advanced user guide to best current advice

A complete review of the Advanced User Guide, for example it recommends using 'http://your.URL/cgi-bin/ss00000x.pl' instead of the built in variable that updates automatically. Loads of other recomendations to use hard coding where Actinic already provides the variables that update automatically.

Malcolm

SellerDeck Accredited Partner,
                        SellerDeck 2016 Extensions, and
                        Custom Packages

Comment

Actinic Designer / Multi User

I recently received a snapshot for a client, imported it into Actinic Designer as usual and the system hung, tried it a couple of times and then decided to find out why as the import appeared to be complete but it would not start. Did some checking, including monitoring the network activity and low and behold there it was trying to communicate to another host. It appears that if you import a snapshot from a Multi user version of Actinic where the host address is set in the setup tables then Designer hangs during the import trying to contact the non existentserver.

I eventually sorted it by going into the database (the import had clearly completed) and removing the offending address from the setup. Started Designer again and now I can access the site.

Please can you set the default in Designer so it does not try to be MultiUser unless told to do so after completing a snapshot import, or at least times out and gives up allowing access to the site.

Malcolm

SellerDeck Accredited Partner,
                          SellerDeck 2016 Extensions, and
                          Custom Packages

Comment

Option to remove passwords when a network export is done

When you click export hows about having a popup window asking whether you want to include passwords or not, countless times we see this error made on the forum.

Also as text file format is the best way to do this, get the name defaulted to [SITENAME]_network_settings.txt so the format is already chosen.

Remove the confusion and remove the security risk in other words.

Comment

Remember what order the orders are shown in

when you select to have the recent orders displayed first it would be nice to have it stay this way, everytime actinic restarts actinic defaults to some odd organised list.

It always used to remember what you last left it at

Comment

Enable standard windows shortcuts in all areas of the interface

I would like to be able to use ctrl+V or ctrl+C in related Boxes and not have to right click and paste.

I also would like to import Related Products via a spread sheet.

Elliott
                                Last edited by leehack; 15-Nov-2010, 12:50 PM.
                                Elliott - Weybridge Lights

www.weybridgelights.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                                X