This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

V10

ok its been a while since mentioned but any news on when the 1st beta of v10 is likely to be seen? its been almost 18 months since v9 hit the streets and i would like to see whats in the offering, not chat about expected inclusions but actual meat

Darren, Darren, Darren

You are silly, thats like getting a answer from Gordon Brown, you will get loads of talk but no content

One thing for sure this will be their last chance for many, if they don't get it right then I can see a lot walking to more inspiring products
    Chris Ashdown

Comment

I would expect to see the beta sometime after christmas.
      Originally posted by chris ashdown View Post
      One thing for sure this will be their last chance for many, if they don't get it right then I can see a lot walking to more inspiring products
      I agree that v10 really needs to be a big leap forward and will have to offer far more than just real-time stock control, google checkout out and an improved checkout. I would much rather see the launch delayed by 6 months or more to get several extra features included.

To compete with the best packages around I would be hoping to see:

Product Reviews (withour the need for external plugins)

Full online accounts with order status, order history, etc

Improved reporting to include more advanced sales statistics, so you can easily compare week on week sales, etc without the need to export to external packages to analyse sales figures.

Stock control of product choices without having to create hidden products.

The ability to apply some of the most popular knowledgebase hacks with a tickbox, eg. product images to show in the basket should be a simple tick box somewhere and not require mods.

I would also like to the product images that can be shown in the checkout to reflect the actual selected product permutation, as is available in other packages.

I am sticking with Actinic in the hope that V10 is going to be something amazing although in the back of my mind I think we might end up with something less inspiring in which case it will be make your mind up time for many including me.

EDIT: Forgot to add: Single Use Vouchers would be another nice addition
      Darren Guppy
      Golf Tee Warehouse
      Golf Tees and Golf Accessories.

Comment

i want to see a stable product without all these silly crashes and dmp files. Lets hope Actinic spend real money on testing the product using real people and do not rely on their own inhouse. I wont hold my breath on this one as i'll been saying this for years and years.

but i agree all of golftee's features are there in most other carts, actinic does have alot of catching up to do.

Comment

You raise some good points / feature lists

GC would be nice but not essential although this has been stated that it is included.
          But
          Real time stock = YES
          Customer Accounts = YES
          Product Reviews = Would be nice
          Reports = YES The whole thing needs reworking, it has not changed since v5/6 to my knowledge

But i was hoping Actinic would actually give us some dates as to when they expect a beta release

Comment

"Full online accounts with order status, order history, etc" - for now, this is all I ask. Oh, better (and more reliable) reports too. And I suppose I'll ask for some stability too.

IMHO the software will sink without the first request.

Comment

GC would be nice but not essential although this has been stated that it is included.
              This is an example of the fickleness of the market. 18 months ago GC was the most discussed feature and actinic took a real bashing over the delay in including it. Now, sadly, its going to be the major feature of v10 and no-one is going to bat an eyelid. The time for taking advantage by having GC is long gone thats not to say it doesn't need to be included but its not going to be the killer feature it once was.

To the best of my knowledge the 2 payment methods required are credit card via PSP and paypal. I dont think GC has stolen PP's thunder yet, nor is it looking to go that way. Unless others know better?

It would be nice if Actinic suprised us and have a few new features for v10 that we don't know about.

Most of my sites are still on v8 as i couldn't bring myself to use v9 given its dmp problems. I need a reason to buy and use v10, GC isn't it.

Comment

I think a lot could be done to improve design as well
                Chris Ashdown

Comment

I get occasional dump problems on v8 Jo. Support just tell you to compact and purge which seems to fix it. I'd still like to know what causes 'em though, no-one has been able to tell me.

Daz. Chris has already answered Actinics stance on such info nearly a year ago.
                  Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

Comment

LOL i know G i was hoping for some real answers of expected dates, everything in the past is pure speculation with a little insider knowledge.

If im honest 18 months on from v9 i was kinda expecting Actinic to lay their cards on the table, im sure that i remember being told that decisions on what is hoped to be included is made around 3 years before release, obviously things change but the core of what most people are asking for has changed little.

Comment

GC is a waste of time now. It's as expensive as PP and no longer has any of the perks which made it worth using.

I'd like to see:

Duplicates working properly - so they update correctly when you change the Original Product
                      Component pricing variable sorted - also working for customer accounts
                      Product reviews
                      Online account creation with order history and tracking
                      Better handling of backorders
                      Stock indicator in the checkout and stock level record saved with order (so you know whether it was in stock when they ordered)

Comment

Do I get a goat point for beating the system?

The Mod got me!!
                        Chris Ashdown

Comment

LOL you have been nobbled

Comment

Originally posted by chris ashdown View Post
                            Do I get a goat point for beating the system?

The Mod got me!!
                            goat points only for bleating

Comment

we are currently assesing our current site as it needs to move up a notch or two to offer what our customers are asking for. And as well as satisfying them we need to be able to add products quickly and into multiple sections with a simple click.
                              Creating duplicates of products in actinic is quick by the means of paste as duplicate, but creating a sub section for it or moving it into another section is very time consuming.

If i had any say in v10 i would want dupliace product creation with the ease of listing that product in multiple sections by the method of a simple check box.

Creation of SPP on the fly
                              cusomer accounts that work in rea time, it is 2009, we started with actinc in 2003, six years is a long wait, bit like the transport system!

Single page checkout with better location of invoice/delivery address

Past order history again account problems

date maintained products, ie set a special offer to start on a product on a given date and expire on a given date.

I know must of this require an online database which actinic does not have.
                              But if they dont move with the times they will get left behind.

We have to make some choices about our software provider for the new year and I hope actinic will be able to compete.
                              The problem is we dont get much in the way of feedback from actinic so is makes it hard waying up the options.
                              Communication is key always, dont leave your customers in the dark and as they might just start looking for answers else where.
                              wes
                              Treasure Island Sweets

Comment

Working...
                              X