Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Site Check Please or have I got anywhere near the mark.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Site Check Please or have I got anywhere near the mark.

Hello there,

It's time to ask those who know if I've got anywhere near the mark please?

I've had countless searches on the forum for help and usually found it. I would like to thank everyone who posts for the invaluable help you offer new starters and to Norman for the menu.
    I've been working on this project for more than 12 months, so I'm fully expecting 'what have you been doing' in all that time. The most staggering stat I found was the 636 files the site produces by magic when I produced an XML sitemap for Google!

Thanks in advance.

Neil

http://www.polevolt.co.uk/

Hi Neil
    very creditable as a first site design - clear, crisp and it works!

Just picking at random - the Thinwall Cable pics need to be more detailed/closer to the cable end. The reel versions of this don't show the cable at all; if I was buying a reel of cable, I want to see the cable - I'm more than able to imagine what a reel of cable might look like!

One thing - your site appears to be a retail (rather than trade) site, in which case I think I'm right in saying legislation requires you to show the prices including vat, or at least an obvious 'switch' mechanism permitting customers to toggle between inc and ex.
    Kind Regards
    Sean Williams

Calamander Ltd

Comment

Thank you for your comments Sean. Your quite right about the cable pictures. I think we had gone into picture overload by the time they were taken. There are a number that will benefit from a second look.

The pricing format is an interesting one. More than half of our customers are VAT registered businesses so we have always priced ex VAT but the internet does pose another question. I'm going to seek some more advice on this subject but for now I've added another line on the opening page. It's much the same as anyone walking into a trade counter and making a purchase.

Neil

Comment

Working...
      X