Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stock in hand

Hi
    I am a new user and this is probably a very silly question! I am trying to update stock figures, but if I go to Product Details - Stock - Estimated Stock in hand, the box is green and I cannot edit it.

Could someone help please?

Thanks

There's a tickbox to enable stock monitoring on the product and a tickbox in business settings to enable or disable it globally. Check those, one will be wrong.

Comment

In Options - Stock Monitoring, Disable Automatic stock monitoring is unticked and Allocate Stock for PSP is ticked.

We will be downloading internet orders and taking a few telephone orders. We have EPOS for stock management as we have 4,000+ products (not all in stock).

What is the best way to monitor stock?

Comment

I don't know enough about actinic EPOS to comment on what's best, but i thought it integrated with your ecommerce store OK, so let the EPOS manage it would be my first thought. It's important to point out that actinic monitors stock, it doesn't control it, make sure you understand this difference. If control is important to you, then scheduling uploads and downloads is going to be a way round it. You may also be able to use forum name 'rmorrow' solution to online real time stock, which is the best solution to this problem currently available. Stock control is planned to be added into V10 currently.

Comment

Originally posted by linnet27 View Post
          the box is green and I cannot edit it.
          This is usually the case when a field is linked externally to a data source e.g. EPOS, CSV, Database etc.

The colour can be specified in the linking options in "File | External linking"

This would make some sense as the link to EPOS would probably cause the field to be linked and therefore coloured, and hence to change it would mean changing the stock level at the linked source i.e. in EPOS, not Actinic.
          Fergus Weir - teclan ltd
          Ecommerce Digital Marketing

SellerDeck Responsive Web Design

SellerDeck Hosting
          SellerDeck Digital Marketing

Comment

Aha, nice one Sharkey, that rings a bell now .

Comment

You need to update the stock figures in EPOS. You can change the odd item by using Perpetual Inventory - just add the stock details and when you save it will update the stock.

You can also do a complete stock take, this involves setting all stock to zero then updating each items stock count. Details are in the user guide. Do a back up first just in case!

Mark

Comment

Thanks for all the suggestions. I will have another play! We hope to go live next week, so I am trying to make sense of it all.

I'm sure it will be obvious once I am using it every day

Comment

Working...
                X