No announcement yet.

v10 Production Release

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hopefully in a couple of weeks. We should have a beta available in a week or so, we have some testing to complete on it first.
    Bruce Townsend
    Ecommerce Product Manager
    Sellerdeck Ecommerce Solutions

Comment

Originally posted by brucet View Post
      Hopefully in a couple of weeks. We should have a beta available in a week or so, we have some testing to complete on it first.
      Is this going to be a public beta? if not any chance i can be on the circular for private testing.

Cheers
      Darren

Comment

It will be a public beta.

Chris

Comment

Don't use v10 Business is you are VAT registered!!

V10 Checkout is certainly more streamlined.

It is so streamlined that if a customer is logged, places items in the basket and goes to the checkout, the VAT line disappears at that stage and the order is completed without the VAT being included. This is very popular with my trade customers, but it is an absolute disgrace that Actinic should release software so obviously untested.

v10 is completely unusable.

As a cover customer, I am disappointed by this Actinic oversight. There are numerous annoying bugs going back to V9 which have never been fixed. I have reported some as far back as the V9 release date but nothing is done, so I've given up reporting more.

Here are some long-standing issues which need to be fixed:

1. Moving a section up or down in the Content Tree results in it being
          placed as a sub-section. You can get round this by cutting and pasting, but
          that doesn't work if you have product duplicates in the section. So there is
          no way to re-order sections.

2. Changing for example a colour or any other attribute in design themes,
          results in the background colour being changed. You can usually correct this
          only be re-applying.

3. Changing a link to a section in a fragment of a brochure page causes the
          next section down in the section tree to be selected, so you have to select
          the one above to get it right.

4. If you have a Product link in a fragment, it only takes you direct to the
          product if you are not logged in. If you are logged in it takes you to the
          top of the page the product is in.

5. When logged in in v10, the VAT disappears when you go to the checkout. It
          is appalling that this slipped through QC.

6. There is no way for a customer to create an account, other that by the
          crude fiddle suggested in the so-called "Advanced Guide". This is something
          people are used to eveywhere. Actinic is way behind with this. It means the
          account facilities can't be efficiently used and the site manager - me in a
          one man business - has much more work to do.

We are delighted to announce that Actinic version 10 is now in production.
          Version 10 includes a number of desirable new features, including:

• Real-time stock control
          • New and more streamlined checkout
          • Recently Viewed Products list
          • Customer Feedback feature

For more information see the v10 web pages or the release notes.

To download a free trial of the new release, go to www.actinic.co.uk/about/Free-trial.php4.

Comment

Originally posted by panamint View Post
            1. Moving a section up or down in the Content Tree results in it being placed as a sub-section. You can get round this by cutting and pasting, but that doesn't work if you have product duplicates in the section. So there is no way to re-order sections.
            If you hold down SHIFT while you drag and drop, it will not get added as a subsection. Not a great amount of answers, but this has been possible for many years, so at least one to cross off your bug list.

The vat one sounds a bad one, i will get the powers that be looking at this straight away.

Comment

if a customer is logged, places items in the basket and goes to the checkout, the VAT line disappears at that stage and the order is completed without the VAT being included
              This is the most serious bug found in v10 to date and is fixed in 10.0.1 which is already on beta. It's likely to be in production in a handful of days, but in the meantime you might want to try it out.

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by cbarling View Post
                This is the most serious bug found in v10 to date and is fixed in 10.0.1 which is already on beta. It's likely to be in production in a handful of days, but in the meantime you might want to try it out.

Chris
                I guess i missed the email about the beta

Comment

Me too Darren. And looking at the release notes, the bug which severely hampered my upgrade path hasn't been remedied.
                  Which means lots more script changes and annoyance.
                  Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

I guess i missed the email about the beta
                    http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=47079
                    http://getsatisfaction.com/actinic/t...1_beta_release

No email though, sorry; there aren't enough hours in the day to email everyone about everything...
                    Bruce Townsend

Comment

6. There is no way for a customer to create an account, other that by the crude fiddle suggested in the so-called "Advanced Guide". This is something
                      people are used to eveywhere. Actinic is way behind with this.
                      I can't disagree with that. It will be remedied in v11. We are starting development of that shortly, to ensure that we can deliver it around a year from now. We would love it to be sooner, but unfortunately that's not realistically achieveable.
                      Bruce Townsend

Comment

http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=47079
                        http://getsatisfaction.com/actinic/t...1_beta_release

No email though, sorry; there aren't enough hours in the day to email everyone about everything...
                        Fare comment Bruce

Comment

Working...
                        X