Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mini Shopping Cart

***moved in the hope someone can help ***

Can anyone tell me where I can find the changes to include a mini cart summary (getMiniCart). I've searched the forum and gbradley.co.uk doesn't seem to be hosting this stuff any more.

Thanks
    Alan
    Alan Johnson

Quality Parrot Cages & Accessories by Parrotize UK
    Pet Accessories by Animal Instinct

You could try contacting someone directly in this thread perhaps:
    http://community.actinic.com/showthr...ght=kermy+cart

Comment

The original thread is here:

http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=19097

and I've got the files somewhere - PM me.

But I hope we're talking about the same thing - it's getfullcart, not minicart.

Paul
      Paul
      Flower-Stands.co.uk - the UK's largest online supplier of Fresh Flower Merchandising Stands

Using V10.2 with Norman's brilliantly simple TABBER.

Comment

I have found the files, sort of, (well I could paste the code)....

But before I do, having read the thread that Duncan refers to, do the moderators or any repected forum regulars have any objection?

The original code downloaded from Kermy's site was c&p'ed in its entirety and contains the line 'Graham Bradley 2006' - it does NOT say ©Graham Bradley 2006. As so many sites use it, it must be pretty much open source?

Kermy also wrote the code to Capitalise fields, which also formats postcodes and card numbers with spaces in the right place. That work must also be open source, as although it used to be available on his site for download, the whole thing is on THIS THREAD
        Paul
        Flower-Stands.co.uk - the UK's largest online supplier of Fresh Flower Merchandising Stands

Comment

You could also use the Wayback Machine at http://www.archive.org/web/web.php
          Darren Guppy
          Golf Tee Warehouse
          Golf Tees and Golf Accessories.

Comment

..but unfortunately the download is not available frm there:
            http://web.archive.org/web/200711231...inic/mini-cart

Personally I don't think there is an issue in posting the code and referencing the good work was done by Graham. It was in public domain for a long time until Graham updated his site.

Comment

I agree it's probably OK, whoever puts it backup should remove any of his contact details though IMO, I'd imagine this was why he got rid in the first place.

Comment

Another link here, but couldn't get the file to download:http://web.archive.org/web/200603052....co.uk/74.html

On the page it mentions "Full Cart Summary", elsewhere it mentions mini-cart summary, I am not sure if these are different or the same files but with a chnage of name.

I do have a copy I donwloaded in September 2007 but never used. I would be happy to upload it to the forum or email it.

Does anybody have a site with this code working as I would be interested in seeing what it looks like.
                Darren Guppy
                Golf Tee Warehouse

Comment

Example here, V7

Open the page, [Add To Order] - goes to normal cart page - click [Continue] then look at the top right hand side. Keep doing it for each product on the page...

It does not appear on any Brochure Pages or in the Checkout.

If you have the files complete, I suggest that you post them (as we now have a consensus of opinion) because I could only c&p the code that I use.

In answer to Lee, there are no contact details in the code.

Incidentally, I also use the Capitalise Code - enter the checkout, select location and delivery address and then, on the next page:

Try typing in your name in lowercase then tab out of the field. Try putting in a postcode in lowercase without any spaces.
                  Paul

Comment

Attached is the zip file for the "minicart" and code for capitalising data inputs. I have edited the files to remove any mention of his email address in the instructions but left his name.
                    Attached Files
                    Darren Guppy
                    Golf Tee Warehouse

Comment

Originally posted by Golf Tee Warehouse View Post
                      On the page it mentions "Full Cart Summary", elsewhere it mentions mini-cart summary, I am not sure if these are different or the same files but with a chnage of name.
                      My belief is that 'full cart summary' refers to the display of the complete cart as opposed to none at all. This is how it is referred to in my experience, not that it's important.

Only now though, I can see that 'mini-cart' is equally appropriate - a miniature version of the normal cart displayed on each page. Therefore, same thing.

For anyone wishing to implement this code, which should work in all versions, please note that there are a couple of tweaks to be noticed, for instance the number of characters of the description that is displayed, and the width of the display. Reference should be made to both the download files AND relevant threads here for further details.

OP: let us know when you've got it working!

GTW, thanks for posting the INPUT file as well. Further information here.
                      Paul

Comment

Just a note

last time i tried to use this it would not work, in conflicts with one of Normans shopping cart hacks that allows adding to basket by product number, i know not many use it as it was written for me but i think a few do these days, although i could not see it on the drillpine site

Comment

Thanks Darren (G) et al. Exactly what I was looking for.

Cheers
                          Alan

*UPDATE*
                          Works fine - simply follow instructions.
                          Last edited by animal dreams; 14-Mar-2009, 07:37 AM. Reason: update
                          Alan Johnson

Quality Parrot Cages & Accessories by Parrotize UK
                          Pet Accessories by Animal Instinct

Comment

efforts shoud be made by actinic to contact mr kermy,

This code is clever and should be parts of actinic.

I'm tried of re-implimenting it every time actinic strips my code out of the cart.pm etc.

Comment

I agree gabe, there are loads of hacks to the actinic scripts that could have easily been implemented along time ago, most have no knock on effects.

I too am tired of having to redo script changes

Comment

Working...
                              X