Google Checkout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TraceyHand View Post
    I suppose you can say that's the fault of the merchant upgrading in haste, in which case, I don't give a monkeys either
    I like working with designers as part of a team rather than with someone who'll leave them out to dry when a problem happens.

Life is always connected with risk and that has to be balanced with the pros and cons of when to upgrade. I'd like to think that if I upgrade early to V10 I understand the risks as a retailer but would also like support in working through them...Again that comes back to teamwork - we are all in this together...and as such I DO give a mokeys about how it is going for everyone else.

Comment

I like working with designers as part of a team rather than with someone who'll leave them out to dry when a problem happens.
      I am sure if you do this then you wont be hung out to dry.

The discussion here revolves more around self-managers who are more likely to decide on a Friday night that they are going to upgrade to v10 without any regard for testing or backing up prior to the exercise.

I was saying it shouldnt really matter what day of the week a new version is released if you test prior to going live you eliminate most issues - although v10 has been released on a Thursday. Tracey is saying if its nearer the begining of the week, maybe more people will upgrade during weekday working hours.

Comment

seems my comments have been taken rather out of context but never mind, eh?

Tracey

Comment

Well Google checkout does not work with the site i really wanted it to, i guess its time to use my support contract although i dont think this is going to be an easy fix.

As for another site, the upgrade has worked a treat only a few minor tweaks have been required so far.

An issue with the postcode button which was suppose to be more editable in this new version after problems in the beta is still not ideal. But then this might be me, however the css is the same for the form backgrounds as it is for the button. I tried seperating it but that did not work.

But for now - testing the site fully before release and a new thread - if your interested then take a peak here http://www.casupply.co.uk/acatalog/t...log/index.html

Comment

Originally posted by TraceyHand View Post
            seems my comments have been taken rather out of context but never mind, eh?

my thoughts too, and mine

Comment

OK back to the original post

Has anyone tested and managed to get a successful transaction with GC

I have tried my account with two different sites and got two different
              errors. I have also tried a sandbox account but no luck there either.

The only time i managed to get it to work was on the default install site, i know there has been some issues in thebeta and i have logged them but wanted to know if anyone had managed to get it working.

Cheers
              Darren

Comment

Originally posted by bentleybloke View Post
                I've got GC working live, however it's not using the Actinic shipping tables. It just shows "Default Shipping £10.00" is this correct behaviour? It's pretty pointless if it doesn't calculate shipping properly.
                It is not the correct behaviour. The shipping cost is calculated by Actinic and passed to Google. If you see the default shipping in GC then most likely Google can not make the callback to your server or your server doesn't respond within the timeout period. Therefore the first thing to be checked is making sure that you got the callback URL specified correctly at GC admin (Settings/Integration/API callback URL). You can find the required URL format in the Actinic help on GC. Please note the URL must be an SSL URL (needless to say it's very limiting but it is a google requirement) IOW at least your checkout must run under SSL to get it working.
                Zoltan
                Actinic Software
                www.actinic.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Darren B View Post
                  My GC account is a live account but im having an issue with the script so trying to find out if its a problem with the script or my GC account, i do have another GC Account which i intend to try later.
                  Is this the issue you passed in to us? If not can you describe the issue please? But first please see my other comment in this thread.
                  Zoltan
                  Actinic Software
                  www.actinic.co.uk

Comment

Hi Zoltan

This is the problems from the getsatisfaction site were i reported the bugs, i was trying to see if anyone else has had problems or managed a successful setup.

Once i get my license keys i can test another site with my sandbox account and live account.

Cheers
                    Darren

Comment

I have subscribed for this thread. So just post here if you still in trouble with the another site.
                      Zoltan
                      Actinic Software
                      www.actinic.co.uk

Comment

No Probs, as and when i get my license keys i will test out other options and let you know how i get on

Cheers
                        Darren

Comment

I have recently upgraded my V9 to V10 and have had my first Google Checkout order come through today. I just wanted to check that what happened is what is designed to happen; in that the customer has pressed the Google button at some point in the checkout screens, and has by-passed the rest of the Actinic processes, so, I didn't get a copy of the order by email from Actinic, it hasn't appeared in my downloaded orders, and thus probably hasn't decremented my stock levels - I just got a standard Google Checkout email saying "an order has been placed" with the single line item in it.

Also it didn't add the VAT, I had set it to 0% because I thought otherwise it would add 17.5% on top again of my tax inclusive price, but I have now corrected that. Other than that, is this the expected behaviour?
                          Martin
                          Modelmotorracing.com : Web services : Twitter

Comment

Something sounds a little titsup about that, can you do a test order and replicate this? Sounds like a one-off mystery order to me.

Comment

Reading the symptoms it sounds like you do not have the callback URL specified in Google merchant center.
                              Zoltan
                              Actinic Software
                              www.actinic.co.uk

Comment

Er, yes... thanks Zoltan, that seems to be the problem, that field is empty on my GC Integration page. What do I put in there?
                                Martin
                                Modelmotorracing.com : Web services : Twitter

Comment

Working...
                                X