If v10 doesn't...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If v10 doesn't...

If v10 doesn't, well just work, my wife will resign from our company!

We are using v9.05 multi user linked to Actinic Epos and it is pretty much unusable now. Adding and modifying products takes forever, with adding associated products almost impossible.

Charlotte spends more time waiting for Actinic to respond than actually getting the work done.

Then it crashes....

So everything is pinned on v10, just working!

Fingers crossed, Robert
    Robert Johnston
    www.gentlemans-shop.com

Robert have support looked at you snapshot/setup?

I'm concious that there may be issue with your current system that could get carried into V10 and force you to start looking for a new wife

Army Gore-tex
    Winter Climbing Mitts
    webD's Blog: Website design, SEO and other ramblings…
    Twitter LinkedIN

If you think a post is good, rate it!

Find the answers in the Knowledge Base | Have you read the User Guides

Comment

Support often have our snapshot and usually suggest purchasing enterprise!

Should it work then?

Thank you for any kind words and consolation.

Robert
      Robert Johnston
      www.gentlemans-shop.com

Comment

If they're suggesting Enterprise may be you've out grown Catalog/Business? I don't know enough about Enterprise to comment further I'm afraid.

Have they give you the oppertunity to test in Enterprise?

Army Gore-tex
        Winter Climbing Mitts
        webD's Blog: Website design, SEO and other ramblings…
        Twitter LinkedIN

If you think a post is good, rate it!

Find the answers in the Knowledge Base | Have you read the User Guides

Comment

comming in on the side here, are you still happy with your current model, or more to the point is your wife still happy with her current model could this just be an elaborate ploy to do some spring cleaning

Seriosuly im guessing enterprise has been suggested as the problems are a performance issue. How many products do you have and how many users?

Comment

Support often have our snapshot and usually suggest purchasing enterprise!

Should it work then?
            I suspect the reason for enterprise is the underlying database. if you have millions of products then access is probably too stretched, hence enterprise/mssql

Comment

We only have 1030 products and at the most two users, one at a time of course.

Support have assured me this afternoon that v10 will quite possibly do the trick

Robert
              Last edited by Robert Johnston; 23-Mar-2010, 08:33 PM. Reason: Forgot the users!
              Robert Johnston
              www.gentlemans-shop.com

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Johnston View Post
                We only have 1030 products, but support have assured me this afternoon that v10 will quite possibly do the trick

Robert

There's confidence for you!
                Elysium:Online - Official Accredited SellerDeck Partner
                SellerDeck Design, Build, Hosting & Promotion
                Based in rural Northants

Comment

1030 products should be nowhere near the limits of Actinic - moving to Enterprise for this alone seems a little overkill on the fact of things and I would investigate other areas first, typically:

specification of machine & network
                  other applications running on machine
                  network activity
                  additional workload within Actinic - running section list scripts, PHP code
                  3rd party plug ins

Bikster
                  SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Originally posted by jont View Post
                    1030 products should be nowhere near the limits of Actinic - moving to Enterprise for this alone seems a little overkill on the fact of things and I would investigate other areas first, typically:

specification of machine & network
                    other applications running on machine
                    network activity
                    additional workload within Actinic - running section list scripts, PHP code
                    3rd party plug ins
                    +1 for me, i'll go with some pants coding issues or a database problem, unless each product has 75 permutations.

Comment

Have you read through Actinic's suggestions for solving speed issues (can't remember where these were published, either in this forum, the knowlegdebase on on their website.

I seem to remember the 'AddThis' button can often cause the software to come to a crawl if not wrapped in some code that Norman has suggested somewhere in the forum previously.
                      Darren Guppy
                      Golf Tee Warehouse
                      Golf Tees and Golf Accessories.

Comment

We hit a similar brick wall with 9.0.5 to a pint that it was un useable, Support was looking into it, we have only 300 products, multi user set-up and it was unstable, crashing, corrupting orders, taking an age to do any thing, it was a nightmare.

Spent 4 days last week trying to sort this, the final solution was clean order database, rolled it back to 9.0.3, finally got a database out of support with the primary keys reset and it is back to it's old self. However, we have had to re enter all offline orders, and we still have the old database running at standalone on 9.0.5 to enable us to access and delivery those orders.

It is not good but we are back working, performance suggestions are in the knowledge base plus they suggested deleting old emails which would did knock 50mg off the database size.

For us the issue seam to be around the order table or associated tables, the performance drop was a killer, 2 minutes to open up an order, started at the end of January.

Still concerned that we didn't know what happened so it could all happen again.

I tried everything so if you need more info let me know thanks M
                        Mash

Comment

We had the 'I was clean shaven when I put in this new product' syndrome.
                          Three things fixed it for us:
                          Make sure the Add This button is inactive (except on live site of course)
                          Switch off the Mr Preview window
                          But the thing that that made the hugest difference was changing from XP on a 2-core Pentium D at 2.6Ghz, to W7 x64 on a Xeon at 2.7Ghz with 6Gb ram.
                          I promise I'm not exaggerating when I say that v9.05 is actually usable when adding/moving sections/products! And we don't always have to switch off the Previn either.
                          There must be around 4000 products, (but not many permutations)
                          Kind Regards
                          Sean Williams

Calamander Ltd

Comment

The OP did mention they had EPOS on their system, which could be part of the problem
                            Chris Ashdown

Comment

Computer capacity

Hello. We have Actinic 9.0.5 running on a Microsoft Small Business Server, with maximum memory installed, highest spec computers with maximum memory, used by the two people working on Actinic simultaneously (one only seeing Orders screen), running xp pro, just under 1,000 products, lots of product details etc, and have no problem with time delays. Adding products, adding permutations, images, etc is quick. We also compact the Actinic database regularly. So you may find that it helps to upgrade your computer system and compact regularly. The problem would not appear to be with Actinic 9.0.5.

Sarah

Comment

Working...
                              X