% based Quantity Discounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

% based Quantity Discounts

We have about 700 items that attract a quantity discount - i.e. buy 25+ and save 15%, buy 100+ and save 30%.

Looking through the posts and the help files I can see two ways to achieve this:

1. In the item's prices tab hit the + sign and enter new lines.

2. Create a discount group for each product and set a quantity discount based on %.

Both of these methods seem to create a lot of unnecessary work. The first method means changing 2,100 prices when there is a price increase instead of the original 700 and the second method means creating 700 new discount groups.

Just before I plough on and start work on this, is there an easer method available? Ideally, something like Method 1 but using a % instead of a fixed price?

I'm using v8 Business and we don't run Sage.

Richard

Hi Richard,

I think there may be a way to do price updates via an SQL statement directly in the database but I've asked the development team if this is possible.
    Tracey
    SellerDeck

Comment

Hi,

Our development team think that the best way to maintain prices after you have entered them (ie option 1) would be to use a hierarchical import file. Our help files give you information about the fields you would need to use for the prices. You shouldn't need a complicated hierarchical import file just one that gives the section that the product is in and the product reference number and then the prices. You could then update the prices in the spreadsheet and just import it into Actinic (use 'Update' and not 'Replace).
      Tracey
      SellerDeck

Comment

Many thanks for the info.

Having played a bit more (and asked a couple of customers to take a look at our test site) I think we have to go for creating a product group for each item. This way there is a warning on the shopping cart if the customer hasn't quite purchased enough for the discount.

It would be great if future version of Actinic included a feature that allowed a % based quantity discount.

(Also a spell check would be good!)

Richard

Comment

Hi Richard,

I have posted your requests on our wishlist but I believe that Mole-end has a plug-in that contains a spell checker (www.mole-end.biz).
          Tracey
          SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
          X