#aRef Number

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

#aRef Number

From what I can remember for linking through to a specific product you added the #aRef Number at the end of the product page URL. Is this still the case in V8? as I'm having trouble trying to implement it. It will take me to the page....but not a specific product
    www.ecclestonanglingcentre.co.uk

Yes it's the same in V8.

Comment

Hmmm, thought so but it dosen't seem to be happening

Would someone be so kind as to check out the link on my main page www.ecclestonanglingcentre.co.uk - Korda Safe Zone Anti Tangle Sleeves pic (3rd pic in column) that supposed to link direct to:

http://www.ecclestonanglingcentre.co...kle.html#a1183 (product 3rd from bottom of the page) just to check I've got everything in order?

Thank you for your time

Comment

Your product pages have a mix of two types of named anchors.

1) <a name="a1090"></a> which is correct (these seem to be Fragment type entries)

2) <a name="1186"><span class="actregular"><b><span style='font-family: Verdana;font-size: 12px;'><strong>Rig Toolz Pulla</strong></span></b></span></a>

Which omits the "a". It looks like you're using damaged product layouts on these pages.

Your layouts should contain

<a name="<Actinic:Variable Name="EncodedProductAnchor"/>"></a>

It looks like you've got

<a name="<Actinic:Variable Name="Productreference"/>">...........</a>
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Indeed......without the 'a' the link works.

Just had a look through that particular page, Norman (http://www.ecclestonanglingcentre.co...EndTackle.html) and the product layout is the upgraded V7 Act_ProductlLine template for all the products listed. I've not used any other product layouts for that particular page......or for the rest of the site as far as I'm aware.

Comment

Originally posted by NormanRouxel
            Your product pages have a mix of two types of named anchors.

1) <a name="a1090"></a> which is correct (these seem to be Fragment type entries)

2) <a name="1186"><span class="actregular"><b><span style='font-family: Verdana;font-size: 12px;'><strong>Rig Toolz Pulla</strong></span></b></span></a>

Which omits the "a". It looks like you're using damaged product layouts on these pages.

Your layouts should contain

<a name="<Actinic:Variable Name="EncodedProductAnchor"/>"></a>

It looks like you've got

<a name="<Actinic:Variable Name="Productreference"/>">...........</a>
            Very strange indeed. Is there a simpletons way of sorting this out? I'm not the most Actinic savvy person..........as you've probably worked out!! Just had a look at the page and there are a couple of fragment layouts in there....again from V7 (ActImageOnly) upgrades. I use these to display manufactures logos.

Comment

You'd have to post your Product Template here as there's no way of telling what it looks like after being "upgraded".

Comment

Like I mentioned in the earlier post the layout I'm using for the products is an V7 layout - Act_ProductLine - that I've just upgraded as newer versions of Actinic have come along. Copied the code from the library.....please see below and hope this is what you're after?

<!-- ProductLine HTML begin -->
                <!-- Insert HTML for the top of the individual product -->
                <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22ListIndex%22%20%2f%3e%20%20%3e%201" ><!-- ProductSeparator HTML begin -->
                <!-- This template specifies the product separators -->

<TR><TD COLSPAN="3"><HR ALIGN="CENTER" WIDTH="100%" SIZE="1">
                </TD></TR>

<!-- This template specifies the product separators -->
                <!-- ProductSeparator HTML end --></actinic:block>

<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsProductFormUsed%22%20%2f%3e" >
                <form method="post" action="<actinic:variable name="OnlineScriptURL" value="Shopping Cart Script URL" />">
                <input type="hidden" name="SID" value="<actinic:variable name="SectionID" />" />
                <input type="hidden" name="PAGE" value="PRODUCT" />
                <input type="hidden" name="PAGEFILENAME" value="<actinic:variable name="SectionPageName" />" />
                <Actinic:SECTION BLOB='<actinic:variable name="SectionCatFile" />'/>
                </actinic:block>
                <tr>
                <td rowspan="2" valign="TOP" align="CENTER"> <actinic:variable name="ProductImageLayout" /> </td>
                <td valign="TOP" align="LEFT" colspan="2">
                <a name="<actinic:variable name="ProductReference" />"><span class="actregular"><b><actinic:variable formatting="font(Name|Verdana|Size|12),bold" name="ProductName" /></b></span></a>
                <span class="actxsmall"><actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsProductReferenceVisible%22%20%2f%3e" >
                Ref: <actinic:variable name="ProductReference" />
                <br>
                <br>
                <actinic:variable formatting="font(Name|Verdana|Size|11|Color|000000)" name="ProductDescription" />&nbsp;<actinic:variable name="ExtendedInformationLinks" /></span>
                <br>
                <span class="actxsmall"><actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22FileURLNotEmpty%22%20%2f%3e" >
                <br><a href="<actinic:variable name="ProductLinkInfo" />">
                </actinic:block><actinic:variable name="ProductLinkText" /><actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22FileURLNotEmpty%22%20%2f%3e" >
                </a>
                <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsRetailCustomerMessageUsed%22%20%2f%3e" >
                <br>
                <Actinic:PRICE_EXPLANATION PROD_REF="<actinic:variable name="ProductReference" />" COMPONENTID=-1><actinic:variable name="RetailCustomerMessage" /></Actinic:PRICE_EXPLANATION>
                </actinic:block> </span><br>
                <b><actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22PriceIsEnabled%22%20%2f%3e" >
                <b>
                <Actinic:PRICES PROD_REF="<actinic:variable name="ProductReference" />" RETAIL_PRICE_PROMPT="<actinic:variable name="ProductPriceDescription" />">
                <actinic:variable name="PriceListRetail" />
                </Actinic:PRICES>
                </b>
                <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22ProductPriceIsEnabled%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20False" >
                <Actinic:NOTINB2B><br><strong><actinic:variable name="ProductPriceNotEnabledMessage" /></strong></Actinic:NOTINB2B>
                </actinic:block></b><br>
                <span class="actxsmall"> <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22DiscountDescriptionIsShownForProducts%22%20%2f%3e" >
                <actinic:variable name="DiscountList" value="Standard Section Discount List" />
                </actinic:block> </span>
                <span class="actxsmall"><actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsOtherInfoPromptShown%22%20%2f%3e" >
                <br />
                <span class="actrequired"><actinic:variable name="OtherInfoPrompt" /></span><br />
                <input type="text" name="O_<actinic:variable name="ProductReference" />" size="60" maxlength="1000" value="" />
                <span class="actxsmall"><actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsDatePromptShown%22%20%2f%3e" >
                <br />
                <span class="actrequired"><actinic:variable name="DatePrompt" /></span><br />
                <actinic:variable name="DayList" /><actinic:variable name="MonthList" /><actinic:variable name="YearList" />
                </td>
                </tr>
                <tr>
                <td align="LEFT" colspan="2"><span class="actxsmall">
                <actinic:variable name="CartErrorListXML" /><actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsQuantityPromptShown%22%20%2f%3e" >
                <br />
                <span class="actrequired"><actinic:variable formatting="font(Color|1b6ccf),bold" name="QuantityPrompt" /></span>
                &nbsp;
                <input type="text" name="Q_<actinic:variable name="ProductReference" />" size="4" value="<actinic:variable name="DefaultQuantity" />" />
                <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsQuantityPromptHidden%22%20%2f%3e" >
                <input type="hidden" name="Q_<actinic:variable name="ProductReference" />" value="<actinic:variable name="DefaultQuantity" />" />
                </actinic:block><br>
                <actinic:variable name="AttributeList" />
                <actinic:variable name="ComponentList" />
                <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsAddToCartButtonShown%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20False" >
                <br>
                <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsAddToCartButtonShown%22%20%2f%3e%20AND%20%0d%28%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22NumberAttributesInPushButtonGrid%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%200%29" >
                <p>
                <actinic:variable name="AddToCartButton" />
                <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsOutOfStockShown%22%20%2f%3e" ><!-- OutOfStock HTML begin -->
                <!-- This template is used for the out of stock message. -->

<B><P class="actwarningcolor"><actinic:variable formatting="bold" name="OutOfStock" /></P></B>

<!-- This template is used for the out of stock message. -->
                <!-- OutOfStock HTML end --></actinic:block><actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsCatalogSuspendedShown%22%20%2f%3e" ><!-- Suspended HTML begin -->
                <!-- This template is used for the catalog suspended message. -->

<B><P class="actwarningcolor"><actinic:variable name="CatalogSuspended" /></P></B>

<!-- This template is used for the catalog suspended message. -->
                <!-- Suspended HTML end --></actinic:block>

</span>

</td>
                </tr>
                <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsProductFormUsed%22%20%2f%3e" >
                </form>
                <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsPopUpPageGenerated%22%20%2f%3e" >
                <actinic:variable name="ExtendedInfoPageDesign" />

Comment

Whay Norman is suggesting is to change:
                  Code:
                  <a name="<actinic:variable name="ProductReference" />
                  to
                  Code:
                  <a name="<Actinic:Variable Name="EncodedProductAnchor" />
                  Search and replace this in your above layout and give it a try. (make a backup first)

Comment

I'm at work at the mo (sshhh!!) I'll check this out later when I'm at home

Comment

Norman - Duncan

Made a back-up as suggested and replaced the code with the suggested code from Norman. Using the #aREF now works as opposed to the #REF.

Thank you guys

Is there anything else in the layout code I'm using above that looks suspect? Norman, you said that the layout code I'm using looked damaged?

Comment

I only noticed that the anchor was damaged (which was all I was looking for in order to solve your problem).

I've no time to look line by line through that humungous template.

Comment

Originally posted by NormanRouxel
                          I only noticed that the anchor was damaged (which was all I was looking for in order to solve your problem).

I've no time to look line by line through that humungous template.
                          Okay......no problems, I uderstand. Do you think it's worth me getting in touch with Tech Support to ask for their advice?

Comment

Unles you have something specigic that you know doesn't work I don't think there's much point getting in touch with support. There's lots of discussions in the forum regarding V7 upgrades. Presumably the rest of the site appears to be working ok.

Comment

Yeah, I see what you mean. The rest of the site does appear to be working okay at the moment. I was hoping to persuade support to look through the template to see if they could spot any glaring errors........out of courtesy really, considering it’s cost me an arm and a leg for the software and all I’ve done is upgrade to V8

Comment

Working...
                              X