Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good post Malcolm.
    Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

Comment

yep the CSS still needs addressing, in the very first editions ov v8 there was separate theme specific css files, BUT these were left inline , some of us hated this. So it was all amalgamated.

This resultant file is now also a mess.

The problem as I see it, is there is always going to be redundant css, for example take the left hand nav, the nav with horizontantal lines is the default nav for exec, the nav within boxes is default css theme - both these are interchangeable - there are they global or are they theme specific?

What happens if you want to use clean css theme, with nav with horizontal lines?

Comment

I gave up with CSS in v8 in the end.. and from the sounds of it there is a lot more work to be done with it.

Hmmm, need to test out this version on our spare laptop.
        Richard Smith
        www.hamradio.co.uk

Comment

I think i understand your point. If its a style that is in every other theme, then it is global, if its specific to a theme, even if a theme can have a number of variants, each style should be in the theme specific file, so it is there sitting and waiting to be used if needed IMO.

Comment

We agree with the points above relating to css and as Jo states....it is still a mess and needs reworking.

We use css as intended for display and all tabular data in table as is the norm (As many of you out there do too I am sure).

When you construct your site fully with css all is well until you start adding the actinic tabular content.

With so many tables (dotted around in files/sub files etc) it is a mammoth task to id them all and convert to layers or control the dims. We have noticed that if you start with a blank canvass and use NONE of the actinic layout the problems do decrease.

But we still have themes bursting the seams when you add content.

Sorting out this issue will no doubt improve overall productivity across the board IMHO.
            Affordable solutions for busy professionals.
            Website Maintenance | UK Web Hosting

Comment

Originally posted by cbarling
              right click on class to edit in CSS file), and are our response to "popular demand".
              This is a great addition and would be perfect if able to look up the code in any external sheets applied as well.

Editing in DW is a welcome addition. Similar to Malcolm I posted a reply in the wish list regarding the uncompacted nature of the raw Actinic code when viewing in DW. This makes viewing and manipulating the layout fairly tricky.

If the importer was able to substitute the expanded code for the compacted Actinic variable code upon opening in DW (EG: a simple ProductDescription) and then back into the full code upon saving back into Actinic this would attract many more users who are DW users IMHO.

A definite leap in the right direction.

Bikster
              SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Is 8.5.0 beta currently UK only or is it okay to install in USA too?

Comment

Hi there

Our public betas tend to be UK only as that's where our core customer base is. Brian at Sure Solutions will also take a look at the beta and when he is happy with it, and no major issues have been reported from the UK, the full release of 8.5 will be made available from the Sure Solutions website.

Comment

Just a quickie...

I was informed that 2checkout payment would be implemented within this release but it is not on the list of changes?

Any news on this one guys....

Regards

Comment

Sorry Daren - don't know anything about this. Do you remember who you were talking to about this?

Comment

Yup,

my Actinic contract manager...I shall call him tomorrow.

Regards

Comment

Beta 8.5 ETA

Hi

I'm upgrading to Windows Vista Business in the coming days - and presently run Actinic 8 MultiUser on XP Pro

Is there's any estimated date for when 8.5 will be officially released? as if I upgrade to enable to run Actinic on Vista - The site is likely to go live end of Feb

Comment

> Is there's any estimated date for when 8.5 will be officially released?

The best I can say is "very soon".

We haven't finished our internal regression testing, and until we do, there's always the possibility that we will find a show-stopper. However, I can tell you that we haven't so far, so I would watch this space.

Chris

Comment

Just testing the beta version on our spare laptop here. No problems so far but have the VAT settings changed from v8.0.4?

The shipping does look good ^^
                              Richard Smith
                              www.hamradio.co.uk

Comment

Hi Richard

There are no tax changes between 8.0.4 and 8.5.0 - but I'm glad you like the shipping enhancements.

Comment

Working...
                                X