<br> in top level section list

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

<br> in top level section list

where can i find the <br> in the code forcing the section list to wrap.
    i want my list horizontal.
    Simbo thanks you in advance again

Youd have to be a bit more specific, what list and wheres the wrapping?

Comment

hi lee

just started v8,

in v7 i would have found this in the script at the top of the page,

produces the parent and child section tree down the left, in v7 you just take the <br>'s out of the script.

where are the scripts in v8 if there even are generated by a script..

Comment

The script sits in between your head tags on the page and is called YahooSections. on the 23rd line of your source code i can see '<br>', is that what you are talking about?

Comment

ah lee

think you just looked at tungstenblades
          thats running v7 its www.myactinic.co.uk ive started on v8 you will see straight away why i want to remove the <br>

Comment

Either my PC has gone doolally or that link points to very little for us to look at.

Comment

sorry lee

it takes me to the site fine. just a splash screen with links at the bottom currently vertical because of <br>'s.. you dont get anything..? i just clicked the link from the post abouve fine.

Comment

In v8 you can use the 'advanced lists' to include a basic list like this. Try using this code (it doesn't use JavaScript so you don't need the stuff in the <head> of the design):
                Code:
                    <actinic:block type="TopLevelSectionList" >
                	   <a href="<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsLoginPageSuppressed%22%20%2f%3e%20AND%0d%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22UnregCustomersAreNotAllowed%22%20%2f%3e" ><actinic:variable name="SectionPageName" /></actinic:block><actinic:block if="%28%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsLoginPageSuppressed%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20false%29%20OR%0d%28%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22UnregCustomersAreNotAllowed%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20false%29" ><actinic:variable name="SectionURL" /></actinic:block>"><actinic:variable name="SectionName" /></a>
                    </actinic:block>

Comment

maybe

maybe ive implemented the code you pasted wrongly but it generates the list the same ie: 1 section name per line, i want it to go straight accross with an &nspb beetween sections if need be.

Comment

How odd. Are you sure you've copied and pasted it OK? - it works perfectly here.

Comment

Chris' posted code works fine. In your layout there are no <br>s, the section list is tabulated. You must be using a different sectionlist layout. Cut and paste Chris' code at the bottom of your layout and you should see it working fine.

Comment

ok

i was pasting abouve code inside toplevelsectionlist, is this where the overall layout for every thing below is controled,
                        excuse the ignorance but what kind of code is that abouve, and is it just not editable by users,
                        it seems if i want to say edit toplevelsectionlist and follow a trail to the source i end with it being a variable..
                        are these mini layouts not html at all at any level.

Comment

i am getting it

im reading aug and am getting there in respect of some of the things i can do, and i did see that the code provided by chris wil stand anywhere in the site in its own right, as if it were a snipet of html.
                          what i am not getting and i think is fundimental to using v8 is
                          1 what kind of code this is,
                          2 is it a form that stands alone or is it calling a layout from some where,

its not clicking at all

Comment

The html is the following:
                            <a href="...pagename with blocks...">...section name...</a>
                            You can format it as you like.

Actinic blocks are special Actinic code that will block or not block html code (or variables) that form the layout that will be used to create the final pages. They are a very powerful feature of V8.

As you're finding out, there's a big difference to using V8 compared to V7.

Comment

thanks duncan

so there is html behind the block and the unregognisable (to me)code.

my next question would be where do you find the html, or did you pull that from generated source code..?

Comment

Working...
                              X