• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by leehack
    Probably the reason why he asked?
    Oooooh irony, not had that for a while

Comment

8.5.2 Beta

Hi All,

Just a quick update on my original posting about the problem I was having when refreshing duplicates on the site. Various products (I'd say about 1/2 of the catalog) caused Actinic to crash whenever I tried to refresh the content. Yay!

I also had a problem that new variables were not been recognised by some products, which was causing us huge problems as we couldn't use new functionality that I'd created.

Anyway, last week we loaded the 8.5.2 beta and it literally fixed ALL of our problems. I don't know what they've been feeding the Actinic developers on, but this release really has done the trick for us. :-)

Kind regards,

Amy

musthave: the natural skincare store
      http://www.musthave.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by cdicken
        which could have been avoided had he only looked at the release notes on the beta
        I was just thinking back to this post.

And its an issue that melts my patience when listing stuff (I have to check the images).
        Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

Comment

G i know what you mean, another of those annoying little bugs

Comment

Just got back from a week away and was hoping to be able to go live with 852. What is the current state of play?

Comment

We're on v11 now, you've missed a lot during your week away.

Comment

Sounds about right for Actinic.....
                Prophecy Designs - Website and E-Commerce Design

WE CAN SEE YOUR FUTURE...

http://www.prophecydesigns.co.uk

Comment

A couple of issues have been reported during beta testing (weird problem with the 'Duplicates Config' screen not remembering settings, an issue with the Dreamweaver extension on vista). These have been fixed now and a new beta build will be put out today or tomorrow. We'll probably give it another week on this build.

Other than that though, the beta seems to be behaving very well.

Comment

Thanks Chris

Whilst I was away I spent some time over G3/TS fixing a problem in 851 had corrupted its db and wouldn't load. Fortunately an Access clean up tidied it. Also now trying to upload frequently to manage stock in the run up to Xmas is making 851 impossible.

We don't use Vita yet so that won't be a problem. It sounds like it might be stable enough to go for it.

Comment

Yeah - we are expecting this next build to be the one that makes it to the release. There have been no other serious reports from the field, and our testing team haven't found anything else. The next beta build should be available for download either today or tomorrow.

Comment

.....will be put out today or tomorrow.
                        .....should be available for download either today or tomorrow.
                        ... so a bit like manyana then

Comment

Alistair have you still not learnt yet

Comment

Well I might have learn't but that doesn't mean I accept it

Comment

Ah but then acceptance is the key, open your mind and allow it to flood in, filling your senses, helping you resolve this inner doubt, healing those wounds of mistrust.

Oh to hell with that B******s your right

Comment

Yeah - we are expecting this next build to be the one that makes it to the release. There have been no other serious reports from the field, and our testing team haven't found anything else. The next beta build should be available for download either today or tomorrow.
                                and the winner is................
                                Affordable solutions for busy professionals.
                                Website Maintenance | UK Web Hosting

Comment

Working...
                                X