No announcement yet.

v8.5.2 beta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOL i am sure that at least one person took a bite, i'm happy with that.

Comment

Originally posted by leehack
      LOL i am sure that at least one person took a bite, i'm happy with that.
      LOL
      I'm sure you're right!
      Tracey

Comment

Originally posted by los_design
        different day, same sh%$

ooooooooooh
        SSDD, you mean
        Tracey

Comment

Releasing software can be a pain in the a**e I'm afraid. The most minor change (even just fixing a typo) needs to have a new build, which takes a day, then the QA team have to make sure that nothing has been left out of the build that could affect the installation, which takes two days, and then we can finally get it out to you. As you can tell, I am also rather losing patience.

It won't be before the weekend. Sorry.

Comment

Relax CD, 99% of us would rather you take as much time as needed and release it in perfect working order. Thanks for letting us know though.

Comment

LOL put it this way Chris, its too near xmas for some to start messing with it anyway, i may dabble on my test area and depending on what i find depends on if i install it on my live sites.

And im sure i will not be alone on this yet

Comment

Originally posted by leehack
                Relax CD, 99% of us would rather you take as much time as needed and release it in perfect working order. Thanks for letting us know though.
                ...and if that was the case we would all still be on v7.

Comment

Time to wind the clock up Daren, DDSS+3 and counting......

Comment

Originally posted by Darren B
                    ...its too near xmas for some to start messing with it anyway......im sure i will not be alone on this yet
                    The size of the problem 851 is giving us (me in particular) in the run up to Christmas I won't be waiting. After regular repair of missing tabs and so on I had to sit here for 45 minutes at 19:30 last night (Sunday) waiting for Actinic to upload.

Comment

Originally posted by Darren B
                      ...its too near xmas for some to start messing with it anyway...
                      For me, with two clients waiting to go live in the anticipation of catching some Christmas trade, it's a tense wait!
                      (Fix for PayPal Pro is the big issue).

It amazes me that Christmas lasts about a week, but a month before, people are saying, "Let's wait 'til after Christmas.
                      Christmas comes and goes and then it's "We're catching up with the backlog from Christmas".
                      Somehow Christmas extends to two months of excuses for not getting on with the job.

Comment

See http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=34656

Comment

Any sign of a release date yet?

Comment

Yep - went out this afternoon - http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=34834

Comment

I checked it out and it upgraded fine except for one issue. We create short, 40 word descriptions for our duplicate products but I found that when uprgrading all the layouts that the main product description was put into all the duplicates.

Is this something I need to change when upgrading or will I need to cut and paste all the duplicate description text into the duplicates from the old site?
                              Blank DVD
                              Cloth Nappies

Comment

I checked it out and it upgraded fine except for one issue. We create short, 40 word descriptions for our duplicate products but I found that when uprgrading all the layouts that the main product description was put into all the duplicates.
                                This has happened in previous upgrades

Comment

Working...
                                X