No announcement yet.

v8.5.2 beta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmmm, think I'll hang on for v9 then unless there is a solution to this. Too much work at the moment.
    Blank DVD
    Cloth Nappies

Comment

Hi there.

I must admit, I've never come across this before personally. If you want to contact me directly via cdicken /at/ actinic /dot/ co /dot/ uk I'll arrange for you to send me a snapshot, and I'll investigate this and hopefully come up with a solution.

Comment

Steve

You could use Access or Excel get the content of those fields with the associated product ref.. Once you have done an upgrade you could then put it back using a hierarchical import.

Bit of a pain perhaps but anything that gets 852 working instead of 851 will be worth it.

Comment

Is it safe to upgrade to 852 when running EPOS 2.92 as we have several problems between 851 HIZA and EPOS 2.92. We have been told that the problems have been sorted out in 852 but on the Actinic download page it is saying

"NB This version is not compatible with Actinic EPOS and the Ecommerce-EPOS Link"

Regards
          Steve

Comment

Hi there

If you're using EPOS Link, could you hold fire for a few more days? We are now releasing Actinic EPOS Link as a separate application, and you will need that to use 8.5.2. It is genuinely only a few days off.

Comment

Thanks Chris

I will wait

Steve

Comment

In the release notes it states

The stock levels of products are no longer affected by ordering if that product is not stock monitored. AC8-4189

Does this mean that if an item has an number in estimated stock in hand and one of the items is ordered - the stock in hand will not be reduced? If so can this be changed so that the stock in hand will be reduced?

We use this current functionality for stock messages on our site so I do not want to upgrade until I can clarify this

Mark

Comment

Mark I agree, i turn items on and off but i need the stock to be right, when i turn it back on

D

Comment

Does this mean that if an item has an number in estimated stock in hand and one of the items is ordered - the stock in hand will not be reduced? If so can this be changed so that the stock in hand will be reduced?

We use this current functionality for stock messages on our site so I do not want to upgrade until I can clarify this
                    Hi there

I'm afraid you've been using faulty functionality for the last little while. In v7, the stock levels never went down if the product wasn't marked as being stock monitored. This was 'broken' in v8 and now has been 'fixed' in 8.5.2, but I can see how you might be using it - to count down a product's level without it being marked as being out of stock.

You need to find an alternative way of doing this. The best way is to set the 'Suspend If Below' level of the product as something like '-10000' and that way the product will count down but never be marked as being out of stock.

Comment

Working...
                    X