Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shared Ssl Problem - Fasthosts/actinic 19/09/08

Hello,
    Anyone else having a problem with Actinics secure hosting this weekend?
    I host my site on fasthosts and the secure on actinic, receiving and error 408 when it comes to the final page of the checkout.
    Actinic claimed it was sorted at 5pm Fri and there phone is now off until Monday, with the weekend being my busiest online trading time I'm a little fedup as you can imagine.
    Anyone have any out of hours contact details for those guys or know wnyone thast can help?
    Let me know
    Thanks

Don't double post, no need, if someone wants to help they will.

Comment

I'd just realised it was in v9 and I run v.6 so then dropped it in there.
      First time.
      Sorry

Comment

Hi David,

Just to let you know Support have been getting calls from other customer who also use Fasthost, are experiencing this problem. It looks like on Thursday night, Fasthost has upgrade/changed something on the server, which is why you are now getting the "408 Request Timeout Error". We have looked in our SSL servers and can't find any issue, also apart from Fasthost customer, no one else is experiencing this. Therefore you should ask Fasthosts what they did last night. We cannot (as yet anyway) detect if mod_security has been installed or not but it is the most likely cause of the problem.

Hope this information helps

Kind Regards
        Nadeem Rasool
        SellerDeck Development

Comment

Fasthosts acknowledge problem

All weekend, we have had problems. Now our site will not upload or download at all. I have phoned Fasthosts and the customer support has recommended changing hosts!!!!! For all Fasthosts customers, change now before the same thing happens to you. I have researched new hosts for Actinic. Now I just need to figure out how to get hold of all my orders that are coming in now (Worldpay order acknowledgements and no order!!).
          Sam
          http://www.originaltouch.co.uk
          http://www.spcb.co.uk

If you spend your whole life waiting for the storm, you’ll never enjoy the sunshine.

Failure is the tuition you pay for success.

Comment

hello,
            I've spoken to fasthosts
            they are asking what files or servers are being requested when the 408 times out? what exactly is that request that is timing out?
            can you tell me nadeem?
            thanks
            david

Comment

Fast Hosts SSL

Hi

we too are experiencing this problem Fasthosts insist they have not changed anything and are requesting that we provide what the timeout is requesting we have lost 2 days orders so far and will have to switch ssl providers if this cannot be resolved David

www.britishbouquets.co.uk

Comment

Your only path forward is to contact Fasthosts or move hosts - judging from the many many forum posts about this and the response from Fasthosts I would go with the latter.

Comment

Change I think

I have spoken to Fasthosts support and their only option suggested is for us to move hosts. They have said to me that they do NOT work with Actinic.
                  I have now chosen to move.

The timeout error on order download is "Actinic received a timeout error form the web server. The server is too busy right now. Try again later." It is immediate - not after a few seconds. I know I am receiving orders due to Worldpay notification. Intermittently, it seemed that I was able to download orders but the last time, even though those orders seemed to download, they did not show on the Orders Tab. Furthermore, I now cannot open "Pending Payment Serve Provider" at all. There is the error "Record is deleted" followed by "Error accessing the Database Records". The new orders show up in "Orders" in the Access database, but cannot be seen in Actinic. I may be able to get to the orders in Access, but in Actinic they are now lost.

On testing the Network settings, the same timeout error is seen, followed by
                  "The test script failed to execute on the web server. The error could be caused by several things. Check the path to the Perl shell, the CGI script extension, the path to CGI-BIN, and the CGI-BIN URL. This error could also occur if your web site is out of disk space or your web server is not configured to accept POSTs to CGI scripts."

Fasthosts have been able to ftp files to my website without problem - they have said that the problem is that Actinic and Fasthosts are incompatible. I am changing web hosts on Monday morning, even if it means losing the site for a few hours before I lose any more orders.

I hope that this is of help and that Nadeem and others can take note of this and warn others asap. Whilst there have been many posts about Fasthosts, none have been so devastating as Fasthosts actually saying that they DO NOT work with Actinic. It should be reflected on the Actinic website perhaps?

Re the requests by Fasthosts quoted by David, Fasthosts are bluffing and biding time - Fasthosts Support should know about the problem, they do not need to know what files are being requested by the timeouts, the long and short of it is that most Actinic sites hosted by Fasthosts NO LONGER WORK! I have 5 websites with them and about 30 website names which I am about to move. I used to like Fasthosts, and it is true that their customer support is open 24 / 7 - but it is quality not quantity that counts. IMHO, Fasthosts are just too big to care. There, rant over!
                  Sam

If you spend your whole life waiting for the storm, you’ll never enjoy the sunshine.

Comment

slightly alarmed by your post I've called Fasthosts.
                    They assure me that they're compatible, I've switched my checkout settings over to java for the weekend and although not 100% it has brought in a fair few orders.
                    Roll on monday morning when I can get something sorted.

Comment

I am receiving exactly the same error message on my web site, though I am not hosted by Fasthosts, but Streamline. This error started happening on Friday and I have been unable to retrieve orders since.

I am still waiting for a response from Streamline, but it seems strange that the same error has started occuring with a different web host. Are we sure this is a server problem?

Comment

I can only tell you what the chap on Fasthosts support told me yesterday - he said in his opinion he would change hosts as they have problems with Actinic! I will phone Actinic support on Monday morning too to make sure there is nothing we are missing.
                        Sam

Comment

Having just spoken to FastHosts support, I am hopeful that I have got them to accept a problem on their servers. After some debate, they agreed to accept a fault and have passed it to their second line support.

They were trying to tell me that my site was hosted on Actinics servers and that this was the reason for the problem.

BrianB

Comment

Sounds a little of the right hand and left hand scenario to me. Interesting that some are being told one to move hosts they dont support actinic and another says theres an actinic server?

Comment

Exactly. Unfortunately I have learnt the hard way and am losing orders as we speak! If only Fasthosts cared enough to change their ways?!
                              Sam

Comment

Working...
                              X