Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need some info on this - Regarding Google Indexing Please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In an SEO point of view, you might want to be wary of Google showing tendencies of penalising sites which are on the redirect friendly side of the fence. Ie. have countless pages being redirected all over the place.

Actinic is relatively 'SEO' friendly' in terms of titles and meta tags. Shame the coding is all hard-coded and as far from being standards compliant as possible

Anyway, the best way to do this would be is ask your host if they support httpd.ini files, if so, a basic Google search will fire up the answer for you on how to create redirects in that file.

I'd always advise you to create an XML sitemap, A1 Sitemap Generator does a fantastic job of that, and submit it to Google via Google's Webmaster Tools.

If done properly, I'd suspect, depending on how frequent Google bots hit upon your site, that your ranking for the new redirected pages will pick up again in as little as a month if your site is crawled around every 7-10 days.

Comment

Originally posted by grantglendinnin View Post
      In an SEO point of view, you might want to be wary of Google showing tendencies of penalising sites which are on the redirect friendly side of the fence. Ie. have countless pages being redirected all over the place.

Actinic is relatively 'SEO' friendly' in terms of titles and meta tags. Shame the coding is all hard-coded and as far from being standards compliant as possible

Anyway, the best way to do this would be is ask your host if they support httpd.ini files, if so, a basic Google search will fire up the answer for you on how to create redirects in that file.

I'd always advise you to create an XML sitemap, A1 Sitemap Generator does a fantastic job of that, and submit it to Google via Google's Webmaster Tools.

If done properly, I'd suspect, depending on how frequent Google bots hit upon your site, that your ranking for the new redirected pages will pick up again in as little as a month if your site is crawled around every 7-10 days.
      Thanks for the input.
      Already have a sitemap.xml file created using the free plug in over at Mole End software, its does a great job for creating the file from an actinic website. Also it creates the urllist.txt for submission to yahoo as well.

As our site is updated every day (!) with new products being added and old products being removed, i submit the sitemap at least the same time.

I will take a look at what your suggesting regarding httpd.ini files, but when you say support - in what way "support" ?

What I have decided is, when I upload new products from our stock controlled database, i will use new html links for the product page which has more detailed keywords as I originally stated on the first page of this threadf for the simple reason that these pages will not already be indexed by google.

I will as time goes on, amend current products with their new .html filenames, and do it gradually rather than do majority of them all in one go.

I don't see any easy alternatives really.

Comment

Working...
      X