No announcement yet.

Honest review needed for site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you have bought an old stock drill which they couldn't sell.
    Rounds Tool Distribution
    Power Tools, Hand Tools and Workwear
    http://www.roundstooldistribution.co.uk

Comment

LOL Maurice, don't be bitter, take it on the chin and get improving your site, you have a long road ahead of you.

Comment

i had a good friend ddesign the website for me FOC, but i feel it has lots missing from it,
        The page titles, i was advised by a different "website designer" that i should use these words as we live in a tourist area and it would be more visible on search engines as traffic would increase, mmmmm
        How do i make the new products and best seller items section smaller??.
        I chose the colour scheme as it was different to others, i think maybe i have overused some colours with the writing tho.
        <%@LANGUAGE="JAVASCRIPT" CODEPAGE="1252"%> i have never seen this where is it??
        We have 40-60 visitors a day, orders are sporadic and not where i wanted them to be at this stage.
        Yes the .com is linked to my .co.uk
        I take ALL comments on board good or bad as it will help take my site forward.
        Thanks for your time
        Rounds Tool Distribution

Comment

Originally posted by leehack View Post
          LOL Maurice, don't be bitter, take it on the chin and get improving your site, you have a long road ahead of you.
          lol
          im here to improve my site and am ready to take all the bad comments i have to.
          still a overstocked drill tho lol
          Rounds Tool Distribution

Comment

<%@LANGUAGE="JAVASCRIPT" CODEPAGE="1252"%>
            Is the first line after you <body> tag. You'll be able to find it in the design view towards the top of you Overall Layout.

The page titles, i was advised by a different "website designer" that i should use these words as we live in a tourist area and it would be more visible on search engines as traffic would increase, mmmmm
            The terms are not relevant to your site or the things you sell. Even if they did attract people to you site, if those people were looking for a Caravan Park they're hardly going to buy a Drill are they? LOL

I think it's Mal who says this often "Design the site for your customers, the SEO will come" and he knows what he's taking about (but perhaps not about the price of Drills LOL, but that's for you two to discuss)

Army Gore-tex
            Winter Climbing Mitts
            webD's Blog: Website design, SEO and other ramblings…
            Twitter LinkedIN

If you think a post is good, rate it!

Find the answers in the Knowledge Base | Have you read the User Guides

Comment

Don't think so - it's the special edition one exactly the same one as on your site

Comment

Actually getting the content on is a big step. I reckon it wouldnt take much work to make the site a lot better initially. A lot of wasted space at the top, and the product menu is half hidden. In your product line delivery (cost and how long) is important to many customers, that info has to be easily found.

Do one bit at a time and you'll get there.
                Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

Comment

very true webd
                  also WOB i take it that means white writing on black background is hard to read?
                  i dont personally struggle with that but it is something to consider, but what other colour would anybody suggest???
                  As i said some of the homepage i think is to much colour.
                  i have no way of altering the design of the site myself as i only have catalog not design.
                  Rounds Tool Distribution

Comment

ok you had a bargain but its not good for everyone to have the same sale on.
                    Rounds Tool Distribution

Comment

Originally posted by roundman View Post
                      i have no way of altering the design of the site myself as i only have catalog not design.
                      Yes you can...

When I was at college I had to do a number of presentations and lecturers always said use a light background with dark contrasting text. Easier for the masses to read and I have stuck by that. Remember a number of people may be slightly visually impaired and/or colour blind.

Army Gore-tex
                      Winter Climbing Mitts
                      Twitter LinkedIN

Comment

White text on a black background is better than grey on white imvho.

You can alter all that stuff yourself.

Have a look at the starter guide etc.
                        Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

Comment

ok have changed the home page title, am now looking at colour scheme.
                          Only problem is i dont want to lose the corporate id of black and orange.
                          am looking thru the starter guide for how to change things.
                          Rounds Tool Distribution

Comment

Darren pointed me to this site a few months ago:

http://www.colorhunter.com/browse.ph...log%2Flogo.gif

It might give you some ideas regarding palette choices, however I agree with George, use White Text.

Army Gore-tex
                            Winter Climbing Mitts
                            Twitter LinkedIN

Comment

thanks George and WebD
                              Do you guys think the homepage is to busy, was thinking of dropping some of the stuff like news from it to trim some fat, and perhaps not so many colours for the writing,
                              however i do not want to go to bland, as my section list has been said to be.
                              Rounds Tool Distribution

Comment

download the free copy of web ceo. you can google to find it.

check keywords and analyse the top 5 who come up in google searches for your products. see what they use and use the same
                                Water is both ordered and flexible at the same time. It maintains its own identity, but conforms as necessary to the circumstances around it.

-Miyamoto Musashi - The Book of Five Rings

Jake
                                Buy Fire Extinguishers
                                Fire Extinguishers

Comment

Working...
                                X