Global Iris Payments Users

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Global Iris Payments Users

Long email from them just now. Usual question to Sellerdeck: what do we need to change, if anything? FAqs here.

"1. Security Update - Discontinuation of Support for Transport Layer Security (TLS) 1.0 and 1.1 and Uplift of Cipher Suite

We previously contacted you in January 2017 to notify you of the upcoming upgrades to our cryptographic protocols and Cipher Suite, including end of support for TLS version 1.0 and 1.1 and an uplift of Cipher Suite, in line with security best practice. You can find further information in our useful TLS 1.2 Guide located at https://resourcecentre.globaliris.co...rchant_FAQ.pdf and we've outlined the necessary actions in the section 'Security Update' below.

2. Product Update - Update of your ePage service to our Hosted Payment Page (HPP)

At Global Iris, we strive to continually update and improve our online payment solution and the service we provide to your business. We've identified that you may be using one of our legacy products to process your payments - our ePage Redirect Service.

We're pleased to inform you that we'll be upgrading you to our HPP within the coming weeks. The upgrade will happen automatically and will be completed prior to the HPP TLS update on 23rd May 2017 (see 'Security Update' below). This upgrade is necessary as your current ePage Redirect Service may experience issues once we've completed the update."

There's a lot more in the email but the FAQs have most of it.
    Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

In the absence of a response, I have started the process of checking what's required myself.

Yes, your server definitely needs to be on TLS 1.2 otherwise, after 23rd May, you will not be able to take Global Iris/Realex payments.

You also need to change the urls your shop connects to.

Global Iris is a bit ambiguous as to where to do this but as soon as I have the definitive answer, I will post that here.
    Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/

This link is useful for telling you which versions you are running. It will show protocol TLS 1.2 is you are already running it.

It will also show if you are running the required cipher suites;

TLS 1.2

and also supports the one of the following ciphers.

TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_256_GCM_SHA384 Recommended
      TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_256_CBC_SHA384 Recommended

TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_128_GCM_SHA256 Supported
      TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_128_CBC_SHA256 Supported
      TLS_RSA_WITH_AES_256_GCM_SHA384 Supported
      TLS_RSA_WITH_AES_128_GCM_SHA256 Supported
      I already switched from the epage to the HPP payment set up. I believe Global Iris have redirected me at their end.
      Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

Thanks for that. I already knew our server was still on TLS 1.1 and if 1 and 1 don't get their act together soon, we will move to another provider.

Comment

I would hope that at some point Sellerdeck looks at this thread because the integration is not ours to change really. I know what I need to do but lots of others may not.

Comment

Global Iris Realex stopped working today. I do not know if this is connected to the above. As ever, some input from Sellerdeck would be useful.

Comment

Bye bye Sellerdeck. it's been a blast*.

* it hasn't.

Comment

Originally posted by guccij View Post
                Bye bye Sellerdeck. it's been a blast*.

* it hasn't.
                Did you get in touch with SellerDeck support on this matter?
                Matt. M - SMR Enterprises Ltd.

Comment

Wouldn't it be easier to just change PSP?
                  -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Originally posted by MattSMR View Post
                    Did you get in touch with SellerDeck support on this matter?
                    Have you read this thread?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Hughes View Post
                      Wouldn't it be easier to just change PSP?
                      Right now I can't be arsed.

Comment

Understandable to say the least.

I think it might make sense to get things working first and then plan a change of software when you have time to look around and make decisions.

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Originally posted by guccij View Post
                          Have you read this thread?
                          Hi Guccij,

Instead of a sarcastic response, a simple yes or no would have sufficed.

From what I can see, in this thread, (Which I have read), is that you have posted here and asked for SellerDecks input.

The question I posed to you, is have you contacted SellerDeck support on the matter?

We don't use this PSP so we have had no need to investigate our end.
                          Matt. M - SMR Enterprises Ltd.

Comment

Hi Matt

I think you will find Sellerdeck try and avoid this forum as they think that if they get to involved in helping out they will stop getting people paying for support

So waiting on support to get answers from those who designed the system is seldom coming
                            Chris Ashdown

Comment

Originally posted by MattSMR View Post
                              Instead of a sarcastic response, a simple yes or no would have sufficed.
                              Don't ask facile questions to someone who has been using these forums for 9 years then.

Comment

Working...
                              X