Can't progress through the checkout via 'Next' button

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't progress through the checkout via 'Next' button

We've encountered a problem on our website where users cannot progress through the checkout. When you click the next button at the checkout, you're just taken back to the page you were on previously rather than moving on to the next stage of the process.

We've tried refreshing the site, re-uploading, restoring from a previous snapshot and trawling the Actinic forums all to no avail and are at a genuine loss as to what to do now.

We've had successful orders since the last known changes to the site templates. Once thing we have done recently is move Actinic (version 9) to our server from a standalone PC. We've had successful orders since then though but are wondering whether this problem could be caused by missing files on the server?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!

The site is: http://www.gold-testing-kits.co.uk/

See your checkout next, cancel etc buttons are input images as opposed to standard inputs using text and css, so assume you went through one of the Advanced User Guides to switch to image based checkout buttons? If I recall, it requires changes to perl files as well, but been a while since I have done image based checkout buttons, but would go through the advanced user guide again and check over your changes (maybe an update to your software overwrote your perl changes).

Just an idea.

Comment

The Perl script changes are here. Alternatively you could style buttons using CSS.
      Peblaco

Comment

Thanks both!

I thought I'd solved the problem last week by just modifying the next button action from ACTION_NEXT to simply ACTION.

I realised today though, that whilst this works in Chrome, it doesn't work in other browsers (notably IE and Firefox). I did try using the Advanced User Guide to modify the perl scripts however this caused an error on the site when users clicked the checkout button. I've therefore taken your advice Louise: dispensed with the images and styled the buttons using CSS and everything is working fine again.

Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
        X