Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie - Actinic 4, Perl Install path, Supanames

Hi All,
    I'm dead sorry for asking a potential dumb arse question, but i'm totally new to all this.
    I have Actinic v4.07, my Web package (Windows Venture) is with 'Supanames' & as a test I've tried to upload my wife's Actinic site using FTP...but I get an error "The wizard needs to know where Perl is installed on the web server and what extension Perl scripts must have in order to execute on the remote server. You may need to contact your ISP to gather this information. Be sure to specify the "." on the extension if it is required. For example, ".cgi", or ".pl"."
    "The server is confgured to handle cookie headers". The script did not recieve the cookie sent by the wizard.
    Any ideas? (the 'Path to Perl' shows /usr/bin/perl in it, with '.pl' as the Perl Extension

I've tried to upload my wife's Actinic site using FTP
    this is your problem you should allow Actinic to upload for you.

Go to "Network Setings" you will find the option within one of the menus. This is where to define where Perl is installed, what extension for perl and so on.

Do a forum search on Supanames to see if someone has already posted the network settings for them, don't be put off if the setting you find are for a different version number as there is very little difference between network settings across the versions.

Comment

Hi Jo, thanks a million for the speedy reply
      I made a boo boo in the original post. I was using Actinic to upload the site, not my Filezilla FTP client. I'll have a butchers for Supaname forums at lunchtime today, fingers crossed

Comment

Supaname forums at lunchtime today
        jo means do a search on this forum for the correct settings for supaname

Comment

Hi Malcom,
          My lack of common sense sometimes worries me!
          I'd do as you suggest
          Thanks a million
          Steve

Comment

Did you fix this?

Glen
            x
            sigpic
            Building:- Glen Gilchrist
            Building:- Glen Gilchrist personal site

Comment

Hi Glen,

So far unfortunately no

I searched for Supanames in the forum & found a few with "Path to Perl: /usr/bin/perl", which is how Actinic's currently configured.

I've also emailed Supanames support & they simply replied that the "path to Perl information" is available when i login to the Supanames site. I've done as they suggest & it show's "Path to Perl: c:\perl\bin\perl.exe"...but again, makes no difference.

Comment

post what you have so far, we can sort out the rest

if you are hosting on a unix server the path to perl will be /usr/bin/perl if its windows then c:\perl\bin\perl.exe could be correct

Comment

Working...
                X