Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Actinic Payments - certificate expired message?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scott, I'm sure it would help Actinic if you could find out your customers setup details when they call in with the problem as request by Chris:

it would help us tremendously if we could have more details of the environment when the problem occurs,
    The trouble is that amongst other things this might be a browser cacheing problem which means the solution lies elsewhere.

The kind of things Actinic need to know are:

1. What kind of computer is the customer using, which OS?
    2. Which brower, what release?
    3. Confirm the time and date on the PC.
    4. Have they bought from you before?

This information will help Actinic tie down where the problem is and maybe help them recreate and fix it.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Unfortunatley not all 17 year old weekend staff dealing with frustrated customers on the phone are Actinic literate, or able to collect this information in a busy retail enviroment. they just expect things to work, like their boss does.

If I deal with any personally, I will of course do this. But not all customers are savvy enough either to provide this, or feel obliged to, and if they are dealing with people who dont use Macs (i.e us) we are not able to walk thru.

ScottyDog
      www.edgeandwax.co.uk
      Edge & Wax
      Ski & Snowboard Workshop

Comment

TBH I'm surprised Actinic support haven't:

a) Produced a list of questions that would help them identify the problem.

and

b) Produced a crib sheet that telephone staff (and others) can use to explain the problem and work customers through deletion of the cached certificate if this is the likely culprit.

Mike

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

I asked for some info at http://community.actinic.com/showpos...6&postcount=34

However, the more info the better so it has been updated.

If you receive any reports of issues with Safari - or any other browser for that matter, would it be possible for you to ask the customer to do the following:

What certificate error are they getting, invalid due to date or is it some other reason, e.g. it has an invalid issuer?

A screengrab of the error.

The exact date and time the error occurred.

The logs from the customer’s server at the time the issue occurred.

Find out the version of the O/S, if its a MAC it can ben done by clicking on the Apple logo at the top right of the screen and selecting ‘About this MAC’

Ascertain the version of browse. If it is Safari on a MAC make sure Safari is running and selecting in as the active window, then going to the ‘Safari’ menu at the top of the desktop, and selecting ‘About Safari’.

Clear all history, if its Safari on a MAC go to the ‘Safari’ menu, and selecting ‘Reset Safari’, it would be great if you could get the customer to agree to selecting all options. See if the customer can reproduce the problem after the reset has taken place.
          Darren

SellerDeck

www.sellerdeck.co.uk

Comment

I don't have any other info than a customer calling today to say they had an expired cert warning. She said do you think it's becuase I use a mac and was on safari! We thought prob user error was only when I was looking at current issue on here today I stumbled on this thread. I'll let post more detail next time it happens.
            Donna
            Donna

Chief bunting supplier to Take That!

Comment

My colleage Zoltan has provided a solution which fixes an issue with Firefox complaining about certificates. I think it is worth trying to see if it helps with Safari. We cannot confirm this end as no one can reproduce it.

Take a backup of your site before you begin

Open the 'PreloadImages' Layout - it would't hurt to cut and paste this to notepad in case of mistakes

Locate 'block ifonLoad();/block' and cut it to the clipboard

Paste the above to the very end of the line

Apply, upload and test your site
              Darren

SellerDeck

www.sellerdeck.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post
                Open the 'PreloadImages' Layout
                Where do I find that, as I am not seeing it?

ScottyDog
                www.edgeandwax.co.uk
                Edge & Wax
                Ski & Snowboard Workshop

Comment

See attached...
                  Attached Files

Comment

Thanks! Easy when you know where.
                    www.edgeandwax.co.uk
                    Edge & Wax
                    Ski & Snowboard Workshop

Comment

Has there been any further development on this issue?
                      Ecommerce & Online Marketing Consultant

www.blueeggconsultancy.co.uk

Comment

Nick, I presume you have tried http://community.actinic.com/showpos...3&postcount=51 and are still getting the issue?

The problem is no one here can reproduce this which is why we need as much detail regarding the environment where it occurs.
                        Darren

SellerDeck

www.sellerdeck.co.uk

Comment

I tried the update and havent had any comments since, but that of course doesnt mean it isnt happening any more!
                          www.edgeandwax.co.uk
                          Edge & Wax
                          Ski & Snowboard Workshop

Comment

No I agree, is it possible you could contact one of the customers who had the problem and ask them if they would mind trying again?
                            Darren

SellerDeck

www.sellerdeck.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post
                              No I agree, is it possible you could contact one of the customers who had the problem and ask them if they would mind trying again?
                              I have also been losing sales because of this security issue. I can tell you that I have updated the onload script as suggested but have today received another confirmation of an abandoned sale because of the security certificate error warning.

I have asked the customer for more information and will post anything I receive.

Comment

Working...
                              X